|How to start|
Translators can edit system messages and work on the localisation of any supported product. There are 11036 translators at translatewiki.net, an automatically updated list of them can be found here.
Prerequisites (DO THIS FIRST - IT SAVES EVERYONE'S TIME!)
- On this page you can request rights to contribute to the localisation for any supported product.
- Make sure you are logged in.
- Make sure you have a user page, preferably with some useful information on it, like which language(s) you will be working on, and a link to the user page in your main wiki, or another location where you can be reached.
- Consider confirming your e-mail address.
- New requests are at the top of the page. Please indicate the language you would like to translate into.
- After you have translator rights, you can add your name to the portal of your language.
- You only need to get translator rights once. When you are a translator for one language, you are able (and allowed if you understand the language) to translate in other languages as well.
[sq] Albanian – shqip
Hi I would like to help translate into Albanian Language. --Puntori 20:02, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
[ko] Korean – 한국어 (sysop)
I found some deleted message. These translations were correct, but translator deleted due to he doesn't sure his translation. I need sysop status to restore deleted version. I'll restore these messages. Thank you.--Kwj2772 07:32, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
- Done Siebrand 07:33, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
I find Serbo-Croatian messages to be lacking, so I decided to amend that by translating. --OC Ripper 09:44, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
- Done As long as the messages you localise are not like "cyrl/latn" or "latn/cyrl" (localisations should be in one message, in one script), you can indeed improve the localisation immensely. Cheers! Siebrand 12:07, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
[vep] Veps – vepsän kel’
I'd like to start working on translation of Veps wiki but there is no possibility currently. How can I do this? Here is the project page in the incubator - http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/vep/P%C3%A4lehtpol%E2%80%99 Sura 21:02, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Done Veps is a Finno-Ugric langauage spoken in Russia. As far as I can tell, it is written in Latin script. I have set Finnish and Russian as a fallback language for now (Finnish being the primary). Please let me know if you have reasons (and which) to change the primary fallback. Siebrand 11:10, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
[zh] Chinese – 中文
- Done Please have a look at Portal:Zh to see which locales we have for some Chinese languages. Fourthermore we also have nan, gan, hak, and more... Best be as clear as possible about on which locales you will be working by adding your name in the proper sections in the translator lists in portals. Siebrand 11:31, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
[fr] French – français
Hi, I'd like to improve the French translation of Flagged Revs. The RedBurn 12:33, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
- Done Siebrand 12:56, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
[de] German – Deutsch
Hi, I would like to translate into German. --Jorges 15:30, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
- Done GerardM 19:37, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
[tl] Tagalog – Tagalog
I'd like to help Translate into Tagalog. I'm also a Semantic MediaWiki developer with commit access to mediawiki svn and would like to add additional messages to Semantic Result Formats ( Semantic Result Formats) --Jnatividad 19:07, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
- Done Siebrand 21:01, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
[ru] Russian – русский
Please give me permission to be a translator for Russian language. Thank you in advance! --Lockal 21:16, 28 January 2009 (UTC)