Difference between revisions of "Setup of a new project"
m (→Wiki configuration: more)
m (Nemo bis moved page New project setup to Setup of a new project: Nike said that "new" is attribute of "project" and that he's ok with reducing ambiguity in page title.)
Revision as of 08:26, 29 September 2016
Verify the project
- Quality of strings
- Message documentation
- Activity and interest (releases, contact person)
- File format
- Push access: ensure push-access is given either to L10n-bot (wikimedia gerrit) or Niklas and Siebrand (GitHub or BitBucket).
Edit repoconfig.json and repoconfig.commit.json, bin/EXTERNAL-PROJECTS bin/REPONG-PROJECTS in the translatewiki repository.
Also update-externals.sh for myself, not currently in version control.
Read-only mirror link: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/GTWN/
Some documentation exists at Repository management, but it is mostly outdated by the new repong framework, where most projects have already been converted to.
Message group configuration
Lots of examples under groups/ in translatewiki repo. Old but mostly still valid documentation: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:Translate/Group_configuration_example
Need some info such as logo and message group description done in the next section.
Choosing a group id:
- Practice is to use lowercase letter with dashes as level separators in case of multiple groups
- Prefix "out-" is deprecated and should not be used for new projects
- In case of multiple groups, the aggregate group should get the top level name, i.e. "blockly", and contain all groups named "blockly-*". Suffixes like "-0-all" are deprecated.
Update TranslateSettings.php to register the yaml file, possibly add a new namespace (if none of the existing ones fit).
Translating:projectname needs to be created (copy template from Translating:FreeCol or other). Logo needs to be in Commons or uploaded to translatewiki.net.
Add descriptions to Group descriptions and mark the page for translation.
Other misc things:
- Add babel templates (this is forgotten very often - the whole thing should be automatized)
- Add support to Template:Support and relevant categories