To translate English into Meetei language written in Meetei Mayek.. and to make Wikipedia page which can be read and write in Meetei Mayek'
Hello. where do I find the message group of new filters for recent changes? Also what is the easy way to find any new interface message added to wikipedia?
I would say, but can you give an example of a such message so that I know what you mean exactly.
Did the translation appear over there yet? I don't see it.
Glacious, note that you should translate, not customise. The content of your translation seems very different (there are no per-browser instructions, as far as I can see). If you want to change the message in MediaWiki, you have to propose so to the developers.
The documentation says these messages do support GENDER, but the translation interface does not accept it (it says that $2 is an unknown parameter).
Sending a request to add the Kaqchikel language. It currently is in the incubator:
and a part of activities leading up to an edit-a-thon will be to begin the translation process:
There are native Kaqchikel speakers available and willing to participate in this process.
We need the following information:
- A language code from ISO 639-3 or the Ethnologue website (for example 'de')
- The language name in English and in its own language (for example 'German – Deutsch (de)')
- Is the language RTL or LTR (written from right to left or left to right)
- If the language is commonly written in more than one script, please say in which script the language should be enabled. Other variants can be enabled as and when translators for those variants volunteer.
- Should the language fall back to another language other than English? If so which?
Thanks for the quick reply! Here is the information requested:
- A language code from ISO 639-3 or the Ethnologue website (for example 'de’) - CAK
- The language name in English and in its own language (for example 'German – Deutsch (de)’) - Kaqchikel (in English & auto-denominated)
- Is the language RTL or LTR (written from right to left or left to right) - Left to Right
- If the language is commonly written in more than one script, please say in which script the language should be enabled.
- Other variants can be enabled as and when translators for those variants volunteer. - Latin Script
- Should the language fall back to another language other than English? If so which? Spanish
In the past, Google can search translations in translatewiki, but now Google cannot search them, the problem archived here is re-opened. Could you enable Google to search the translations?
Last edit: 13:34, 7 June 2018
Please add the Southern Uzbek Language (uzs), which is written in the Perso-Arabic letters of the Arabic writing system to the list of translation languages.
More informations needed:
- Autonym (i.e. how do you call that language in that language?)
- Fallback to which language(s)? Or just translate from English?
Oops It looks like our backend is currently unable to process your request. Please try again later.
504 is reported by Chrome DevTools.
Documentation needed for Wikimedia:Commons-android-strings-successful wikidata edit/en
By looking out phab:T187181, it looks like this site is also having a lot of Tidy-era tabel formations, how are they still maintainable now?
There are some translations of words are different in zh-HK (Hong Kong dialect) and zh-TW (Taiwan dialect). But these two languages fallback to zh-hant. What is the best way to solve this problem?
Actually, we can translate messages to zh-hk, but as far as I've asked in phab:T170836, there's collaboration problems that no repositories can update their zh-hk messages, need more suggestions on this problem.
ꯌꯦꯡꯈꯠꯂꯨ ꯄꯨꯋꯥꯔꯤꯒꯥ ꯁꯥꯒꯣꯟꯅꯕꯥ ꯃꯥꯃꯤꯗꯨꯒꯤ ꯀꯨꯗꯣꯡꯆꯥꯕꯥ ꯃꯐꯝꯗꯨꯗꯥ ꯑꯃꯗꯤ ꯃꯤꯠꯌꯦꯡ ꯱ ꯊꯝꯃꯎ ꯑꯃꯨꯛꯍꯅꯕꯥ ꯃꯤꯔꯦꯜꯗꯨꯗꯥ
We would like to integrate Translatewiki.net with our project. The project's name is MAZI, the main output of the project is the MAZI toolkit and we would like to translate the software part of the MAZI toolkit.
We are in a very active phase of our development and it would be great if we have your support for translating the MAZI portal. We are going to give to translatewiki staff push rights to our repo in order to integrate new translations.
We already support i18n and our files are in yaml format.
Looking forward for your reply about the next steps for the integration of translatewiki and the MAZI toolkit.
Could you point out where the i18n files are in https://github.com/mazi-project/portal/? With quick search I only found config.yaml, but i18n strings should be separated from other configuration.
You can find the i18n strings in the locales/ folder https://github.com/mazi-project/portal/tree/master/locales.
We have prepared the en file for english and the el file (Greek) for testing, translated directly from google translate.
Thanks a lot for your support
version-message-1: "This Portal is " version-message-2: "commits` behind."
Can you use variables? We call these lego messages and they are problematic for proper translations.
framadate-tab: subheader1: "Description" paragraph1: "Framadate is an open-source and free application like Doodle. It’s easy to create an appointment or a survey without registration to invite your collaborations." paragraph2: "Here is how to works" paragraph3: "" paragraph4: "" paragraph5: "" paragraph6: ""
Can the empty message be filled or removed?
Please also start adding message documentation.
OK we edited the lego messages we had and we now use variables instead.
We also filled the empty messages.
Regarding the message documentation, it is not clear to us what exactly we are supposed to do. Could we have some examples of code to check? Should we create a separate documentation page? Or it is something we can do as soon as have the MAZI project integrated in translatewiki page?
Thank you for supporting us.
Hello, could any of the administrators delete the following pages:
The first is no longer marked for translation, and the latter was created by mistake. Thanks.
Before I had searching some word like अविशिष्टपृष्ठम्, which may use in some translation, so I had get result properly. It had shown me where is the usage of the word. But now It has completely changed. Now I can not get any result. Please help to find word अविशिष्टपृष्ठम्/sa/ Thank you.