To translate English into Meetei language written in Meetei Mayek.. and to make Wikipedia page which can be read and write in Meetei Mayek'
Hello. where do I find the message group of new filters for recent changes? Also what is the easy way to find any new interface message added to wikipedia?
I would say, but can you give an example of a such message so that I know what you mean exactly.
Did the translation appear over there yet? I don't see it.
Glacious, note that you should translate, not customise. The content of your translation seems very different (there are no per-browser instructions, as far as I can see). If you want to change the message in MediaWiki, you have to propose so to the developers.
The documentation says these messages do support GENDER, but the translation interface does not accept it (it says that $2 is an unknown parameter).
Sending a request to add the Kaqchikel language. It currently is in the incubator:
and a part of activities leading up to an edit-a-thon will be to begin the translation process:
There are native Kaqchikel speakers available and willing to participate in this process.
We need the following information:
- A language code from ISO 639-3 or the Ethnologue website (for example 'de')
- The language name in English and in its own language (for example 'German – Deutsch (de)')
- Is the language RTL or LTR (written from right to left or left to right)
- If the language is commonly written in more than one script, please say in which script the language should be enabled. Other variants can be enabled as and when translators for those variants volunteer.
- Should the language fall back to another language other than English? If so which?
Thanks for the quick reply! Here is the information requested:
- A language code from ISO 639-3 or the Ethnologue website (for example 'de’) - CAK
- The language name in English and in its own language (for example 'German – Deutsch (de)’) - Kaqchikel (in English & auto-denominated)
- Is the language RTL or LTR (written from right to left or left to right) - Left to Right
- If the language is commonly written in more than one script, please say in which script the language should be enabled.
- Other variants can be enabled as and when translators for those variants volunteer. - Latin Script
- Should the language fall back to another language other than English? If so which? Spanish
In the past, Google can search translations in translatewiki, but now Google cannot search them, the problem archived here is re-opened. Could you enable Google to search the translations?
Last edit: 13:34, 7 June 2018
Please add the Southern Uzbek Language (uzs), which is written in the Perso-Arabic letters of the Arabic writing system to the list of translation languages.
More informations needed:
- Autonym (i.e. how do you call that language in that language?)
- Fallback to which language(s)? Or just translate from English?
Oops It looks like our backend is currently unable to process your request. Please try again later.
504 is reported by Chrome DevTools.
Documentation needed for Wikimedia:Commons-android-strings-successful wikidata edit/en
By looking out phab:T187181, it looks like this site is also having a lot of Tidy-era tabel formations, how are they still maintainable now?
There are some translations of words are different in zh-HK (Hong Kong dialect) and zh-TW (Taiwan dialect). But these two languages fallback to zh-hant. What is the best way to solve this problem?
Actually, we can translate messages to zh-hk, but as far as I've asked in phab:T170836, there's collaboration problems that no repositories can update their zh-hk messages, need more suggestions on this problem.
ꯌꯦꯡꯈꯠꯂꯨ ꯄꯨꯋꯥꯔꯤꯒꯥ ꯁꯥꯒꯣꯟꯅꯕꯥ ꯃꯥꯃꯤꯗꯨꯒꯤ ꯀꯨꯗꯣꯡꯆꯥꯕꯥ ꯃꯐꯝꯗꯨꯗꯥ ꯑꯃꯗꯤ ꯃꯤꯠꯌꯦꯡ ꯱ ꯊꯝꯃꯎ ꯑꯃꯨꯛꯍꯅꯕꯥ ꯃꯤꯔꯦꯜꯗꯨꯗꯥ