|How to start|
Problems using translatewiki.net? Don't know what to do? Have a feature request? Write your question below. Please link to a particular message if your question is about it.
What does this message mean?
- This section is a place to request for the explanation about the usage of the messages. If you want to know where and when a specific message is used, put that message here.
- one of") or ("Powered by"): Problematic Voctrain messages
- requester: What text follows one of") or ("Powered by")? Is it possible to include it as a parameter? --fryed-peach 05:35, 13 March 2009 (UTC) ("
- requester: I tried putting this as a wikilink via the usual template but couldn't get it to work, sorry. I guess that the message 'rendering' appears while the software is producing the book, as in 'rendering in progress' - is this correct? Lloffiwr 18:04, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
The message("Review/auto-review restrictions") is ambigious. It says: "Auto-review restrictions". Does this mean:
- "automatically review the restrictions", or
- "restrictions on automatic reviews"?
Existing translations in various languages seem to disagree on this. TIA – McDutchie 13:57, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
Introductory pages - usability, layout, etc.
The introductory pages about translatewiki.net deserve few enhancements to their layout, which I want to suggest:
- Links to other languages appear below the navigation box, which is wasting space, and costs readers time to scroll. Better allow the box to appear at the very beginning, or else allow the page text to start before the box.
- The language box'es "header" subbox should be shrunk to the width needed, so as to allow the entire box to shrink a bit as well, so as to reduce the need of scrolling.
- Border styles of the three boxes could be made identical so as to give a nicer appearance.
- The "next step" box should be moved to, or duplicated at, the end of the page, since readers are usually at the end of a page when making a decision about where to read on. This avoids the need to scoll back.
- For convenience, a "previous step" link would not do harm in said box.
- The "next/previous step" box(es) should as well not be forced to appear below the general navigation box.
--Purodha Blissenbach 09:27, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
("There are new messages for you.")
Why adding an entity (✒) instead of the character (✒)? Another problem is that this character is not defined in all fonts. I see a rectangle. Der Umherirrende 10:06, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
- I've been wondering the same thing, but only made a mental note to ask the developer. Will report back. Siebrand 15:13, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
("Revision as of $1 by $2$7") and ("-")
Both messages need a split of date and time for parameter 1. Thanks. Der Umherirrende 11:02, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
The message Purodha Blissenbach 13:07, 7 June 2009 (UTC)("Started by") should be using GENDER. --