What is the syntax of translatable message packets
Please remove translator privileges from User:Emma Franzen, at least for Portuguese.
This user's translations are of poor quality, evidencing a lack of knowledge of the language and the subject matter.
Hi Hamilton Abreu,
Thanks for reaching out to us. Since there haven't been any translator, I've left a comment on their talkpage and will wait for them to respond. If there are no responses after a few days, I'll remove their translator rights.
I got renamed from 'ZabeMath' to 'Zabe' on the Wikimedia wikis a few months ago. I would also like to be renamed here if that is possible.
I came here for a simple task: translating MediaWiki messages into Zeelandic, and improving those already made. (Many contain grave errors that have been around for fifteen years, so you understand I want to fix them at last.) However, that seems close to impossible. First, I turn out not to have the rights for it. The system says I can obtain them by translation "a sandbox text" which is absolutely nowhere to be found. Elsewhere, I get the message that I can enter this process via a link on the Main Page that doesn't exist. So can you please, please, please show me the way? It's probably me - I'm not the biggest computer geek ever - but your site is not particularly user-friendly. (If you ask me: it might be better not to rely on automated systems for everything. Just leave a few things to humans, that makes the whole of it less confusing, and the site a bit faster.)
I currently do not see you in the translator sandbox. The sandbox is used to review translations by new users before we give them translator rights to perform actual translations. Your account somehow seems to have fallen through a gap. This could be because you have a really old account without the translator permission before we had the sandbox in place.
I've given you translator permissions so you should be able to start translating.
The MantisBT Gravatar plugin receives a "translation" file for British English  (which is actually not a real translation, as the strings are identical to the original English strings).
This does not make sense at all, because Mantis does not make any distinction between American and British English in the interface, so this translation can't be used.
Is it possible to remove it ?
Yes, we will submit a patch to stop exporting it.
Just to confirm, we want to disable en-gb for the entire MantisBT project? I've currently done that but if it's just specific to the Gravatar plugin, let me know.
You can delete the en-gb file from your side to complete the process.
In the translation suggestions window, suggestions from Google and Microsoft are missing somewhere. Why? And can you fix it?
Hello! Could the admins add the ainu language? I would like to translate in this language. The ISO 639-2 code is ain.
Actually no, not really. You can kind of publish pages that end in /ain, which you've recently done, but it's not properly configured.
I can configure it, but I have a few questions:
- Do you actually know this language and plan to translate to it?
- The translations you've submitted till now look like tests. Are they actual translations, or are they tests that can be deleted?
- In which script do you plan to do it: Katakana or Latin?
- What is the name of the language written in itself? アイヌ? アイヌ・イタㇰ? Something else?
I know the bases on ainu (months, years, some basical adjectives...). The translations aren't tests. I'll translate on the two scripts, katakana and latin. The language name is アイヌ・イタㇰ, because アイヌ means ainu people.
Dear Administrators, could you pls add the Emakhuwa language? There's a group of people who want to translate in this language. ISO 639-3: vmw
- Local name: Emakhuwa
- Name in English: Makua Language
- Written: left to right
- Script: Latin script
Since Florida Department of Health no longer provides case-line data, Translating:COVID Ratio will be shutting down. :(
Hello, I recently translated many messages to Kashmiri language. However one user requested change in a specific translation from گَرٕ to اہم صَفہٕ. I changed the translation of two messages but got a error message while translating the third message. As its is the translation of the main page. The error message reads as Established main page translations cannot be changed directly as it would disrupt wikis using the old translation. You can request changes in Support. Link to change MediaWiki:Mainpage/ks-arab
@Iflaq: I think it would be اَہَم صَفہٕ as all vowel signs are explicitly shown in Kashmiri Arabic. Anyway اہم صَفہٕ redirects to اَہَم صَفہٕ on the wiki. Also, wanted to add, for Kashmiri Devanagari, the main page would be अहम सफ़ॖ and not "आहम सफ़ा" as in MediaWiki:Mainpage/ks-deva. Admins, please take note.
I want to translate the messages for Babel and I don't know how. If it has to be done by an admin, here is what I want to translate:
- Samoan (sm)
- This user has native knowledge of Samoan.
- O lenei tagata faʻaaoga e tautala i le gagana Samoa i se tulaga masani.
- This user has professional knowledge of Samoan.
- O lenei tagata faʻaaoga e iai lona poto faʻapitoa i le gagana Samoa.
- This user has near-native knowledge of Samoan.
- O lenei tagata faʻaaoga e tautala latalata i le gagana Samoa.
- This user has advanced knowledge of Samoan.
- O lenei tagata faʻaaoga ua i ai le malamalama loloto i le gagana Samoa.
- This user has intermediate knowledge of Samoan.
- O lenei tagata faʻaaoga e iai le poto masani i le gagana Samoa.
- This user has basic knowledge of Samoan.
- O lenei tagata faʻaaoga e i ai le poto masani o le gagana Samoa.
- This user has no knowledge of Samoan (or understands it with great difficulty).
- Lenei tagata faʻaaoga e leai se malamalama i le gagana Samoa (pe malamalama i ai ma le faigata tele).
- This user has native knowledge of Samoan.
- Australian Kriol (rop)
- This user has native knowledge of Kriol.
- Dis yusa gadem neidib megidat av Kriol.
- This user has professional knowledge of Kriol.
- Dis yusa gadem progud megidat av Kriol.
- This user has near-native knowledge of Kriol.
- Dis yusa gadem niya-neidib megidat av Kriol.
- This user has advanced knowledge of Kriol.
- Dis yusa gadem edbans megidat av Kriol.
- This user has intermediate knowledge of Kriol.
- Dis yusa gadem intamidiet megidat av Kriol.
- This user has basic knowledge of Kriol.
- Dis yusa gadem besik megidat av Kriol.
- This user has no knowledge of Kriol (or understands it with great difficulty).
- Dis yusa gadem nogat megidat av Kriol (o megidat la big trabul).
- This user has native knowledge of Kriol.
The Babel extension is translated here: https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Special:Translate?filter=&action=translate&group=ext-babel .
Select the necessary target language before you start!
If you cannot translate, please let me know what error message do you see.
Please tell me, I've joined this project to help with Ukrainian localization. I can translate everything myself, and check other people's translations, but I cannot check my translations. How to deal with this, or do I need one of the Ukrainian users to write about it? DDPAT (talk) 19:37, 2 July 2021 (UTC)
You cannot mark your own translations as checked. This is an optional quality assurance feature and it is not a requirement. But feel free to ask other Ukrainian translators for feedback.
Am I prohibited from creating another account in order to check the changes made by me?
Yes, that would be against the intention of the feature.
Why would you want to do that? You are free to do another pass on the translations and correct any mistakes you notice and to ensure consistency, but without marking them explicitly as reviewed.
cpx: I used cpx-hans and cpx-hant to translate before I suddenly found out the cpx script is in latn. (The comment in the wikitext said: Only Latin used in modern times according to Ethnologue, as well as Incubator pages.) But hant and hans are still used in cpx, like, there are several articles in hant (if hant is using, so is hans) in Incubator. So can you enable the translation to cpx-hans and cpx-hant? Thanks.
Hi. Help please with plurals. I'm limited to two. However we have names for plurals eg:
- 1 day = diwrnod
- 2 days = deuddydd
- 3 days = tridiau
- 4 days = 4 diwrnod / 5 dirnod / etc
How do I code this pls?
- Similar problem where masculine nouns undergo an Aspirate Mutation after 'tri' (three) eg:
- 1 car = 1 car
- 2 cars = 2 gar
- 3 cars = 3 char
- 4 cars = 4 car / 5 car...
Usually you add the prefix -au (e.g schools = ysgolau) but in some loan words you just add an s (e.g wikis = wicis). Sometimes a w is added at the end of a word but not much as far as I can recall (sorry I’m using a swear word as an example of this; tits = titw).
I'm not a native speaker of the English language. I don't know where can I edit or add it, I just create account and select English and Thai language. how can I change it?
Hi NoiX180, as this is a poll on the jv.Wikipedia please edit wikipedia:jv:MediaWiki:Mainpage directly. Changing the translation on translatewiki.net would make the mainpage all wikis incl. 3rd party wikis witj jv as content language invalid.
Hi Raymond. Thank you for your suggestion. I've created the page, but it still show the title "Wikipedia:Pendhapa" and the tab is still written "Tepas". Any other suggestion to fix it?
Hi @Raymond:, I still seeing the old name (Tepas) on idwiki, idwikisource, idwikiquote, etc (?uselang=jv). This change from 2016 is also from jvwiki user. AFAIK, there is no poll for that change and the word of Tepas is an uncommon word for Javanese people. At least, the proposal to rename to Pendhapa have community consensus. jvwiktionary, localized MetaWiki, Wikidata, and Wikimedia Commons also follows the change, and probably the jvwikisource that still on creation, too.