E-mail to users requesting details
← Thread:Project talk:Rally-2011-04/handling/E-mail to users requesting details/reply (4)
Last edit: 08:06, 2 May 2011
This e-mail was sent to users requesting payment details. --- Subject: Requesting payment details for collecting your translatewiki.net bounty --- Dear translatewiki.net user.
In April 2011 you contributed 500 or more translations at translatewiki.net during our Translation Rally, which you helped make a great success.
We pledged 1,000 Euro to be divided among all users that would be able to reach the goal of 500 new translations in the given timeframe. In total 59 users reached this goal, which was very much way beyond our expectation.
You have indicated that you would like to receive your cut of the bounty (EUR 15.25, including transfer costs) in transferred to you. There are two ways we can do this:
- We wire it to your PayPal account. This is the easiest and cheapest method if you live outside the European Union, but this is not available everywhere. If this is your preferred method of transfer, please reply to this e-mail stating your wiki name and the e-mail address you are using for your PayPal account. We expect the transfer costs to be about 1.25 Euro, which means you will receive about 14.00 Euro.
- We wire it to your bank account (or the bank account of a beneficiary of your choice). If this is your preferred method of transfer, or your only possible method of transfer, please read on.
Good to know: international money transfers are ridiculously expensive. We will be transferring money from a country in the European Union. Transfers to other EU countries are expected to cost less than 1 Euro (so you will receive 14.25 Euro or more). For other countries, transfer costs are expected to be up to the amount to be transferred (they will vary per country, we have no knowledge of the details beforehand). So you will may receive nothing, depending on your country.
We have looked into ways to reduce transfer costs, but have not been able to find any. If you choose to change the beneficiary from yourself to Stichting Open Progress based on this information, please let us know, and we will change it according to your wishes. You can in fact choose to have it donated to any PayPal account. In that case, please let us know the e-mail address of the PayPal account you would like it transferred to in your name.
We need the following information from you in reply to this e-mail (information will be treated confidentially and will be seen only by User:Siebrand to receive e-mails with information and reply to them and User:GerardM to make the actual payments):
- Your wiki name (REQUIRED)
- Your IBAN account number, or account number and national bank code, or account number and BIC code (REQUIRED)
- Your full real name to which the bank account is registered (REQUIRED)
- The home address to which the bank account is registered (REQUIRED)
A link to this message will also be posted on your user talk page. If you fail to respond by 14 May 2011, the beneficiary for your cut of the bounty will be updated to Stichting Open Progress. Thank you again for your continued support to http://translatewiki.net. Please do not forget to return often and make as many contributions as you are able to!
Siebrand Mazeland translatewiki.net staff
 https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Thread:Project_talk:Rally-2011-04/Results  https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Project:Rally-2011-04/handling  https://translatewiki.net/wiki/User:Siebrand  https://translatewiki.net/wiki/User:GerardM
Transfers to other EU countries are expected to cost less than 1 Euro (so you will receive 34.25 Euro or more).
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
You can view and copy the source of this page.Siebrand
I just received an e-mail from PayPal on behalf of Stichting Open Progress, but I cannot do anything further because the message is in Dutch and I fear it's the wrong e-mail address. I already mentioned the proper e-mail address I used to register my PayPal account in my e-mail to you on 2 May! Now, what?