← Thread:Support/About MediaWiki:Apihelp-wbsetsitelink-example-3/sv/reply (2)
This is somewhat convoluted.
Assuming I understod it correclty the follwoing would be clearer:
- Add a sitelink to the German page "Wasserstoff" on the item with the sitelink to the English page "Hydrogen", if the site link does not exist
Similarly MediaWiki:Apihelp-wbsetsitelink-example-1/en could then be clarified to:
- Add a sitelink to the English page "Hydrogen" for the item with ID "Q42", if the site link does not exist
- Add a sitelink to the English page "Hydrogen" for the item with ID "Q42", if the site link does not exist, with an edit summary of "World domination will be mine soon!"
Those messages are used here.
Judging from the results obtained by clicking the example section
MediaWiki:Apihelp-wbsetsitelink-example-3/en would be better written like this:
Add a sitelink to German article "Wasserstoff" on English article "Hydrogen", if sitelink does not exist
1 and 2 then become:
Add a sitelink to English article "Hydrogen" on entity (article) with id "Q42", if sitelink does not exist
Add a sitelink to English article "Hydrogen" on entity (article) with id "Q42", if sitelink does not exist. Also add summary "World domination will be mine soon!"
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
You can view and copy the source of this page.JadeMaveric (talk)
Do we really talk about setting the sitelink on the Wikipedia page? The actual edit is to the Wikidata page which is linked to the Wikipedia page, or am I getting confused?
Nope, you're right.The sitelink is added to the Wikidata page. But the edits refer to an 'article' or 'entity'. So I don't think it changes the context.
Hmmm... now that I think about it. You can interpret the sentence differently. Here's what went on in my mind...
- #1 and #2 would be more correct if you remove the '(article)'. But I put it there so that newbies aren't confused. (Hence, the brackets).
- #3 seems correct in it's current form. You specify the destination page (link-site/title) and the parent page (site/title), and any other data, and the program works out the rest.
I just realised I misread your "!!IGNORE THIS" (and ignored the one above instead)
- Yes removing "(article)" from #1 and #2 should make these fine.
- Yes #3 should also be correct.
Possibly we should be talking about German Wikipedia (instead of just German)... but I think that might be overkill.