Thread history

From Support
Viewing a history listing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Time User Activity Comment
20:08, 20 May 2010 Strainu (talk | contribs) New reply created (Reply to Changing the Romanian namespaces (diacritics))
18:34, 20 May 2010 Siebrand (talk | contribs) Comment text edited  
18:34, 20 May 2010 Siebrand (talk | contribs) New reply created (Reply to Changing the Romanian namespaces (diacritics))
16:51, 20 May 2010 Strainu (talk | contribs) New reply created (Reply to Changing the Romanian namespaces (diacritics))
08:25, 19 May 2010 Siebrand (talk | contribs) New reply created (Reply to Changing the Romanian namespaces (diacritics))
08:19, 19 May 2010 Raymond (talk | contribs) New reply created (Reply to Changing the Romanian namespaces (diacritics))
07:01, 18 May 2010 Siebrand (talk | contribs) New reply created (Reply to Changing the Romanian namespaces (diacritics))
05:24, 18 May 2010 Raymond (talk | contribs) New reply created (Reply to Changing the Romanian namespaces (diacritics))
23:16, 17 May 2010 Siebrand (talk | contribs) New reply created (Reply to Changing the Romanian namespaces (diacritics))
23:14, 17 May 2010 Siebrand (talk | contribs) Deleted (content was: 'Pywikipediabot cannot make this replace. I fear for the future of pwb bots on ro wikis...' (and the only contributor was 'Siebrand'))
22:54, 17 May 2010 Siebrand (talk | contribs) New reply created (since deleted) (Reply to Changing the Romanian namespaces (diacritics))
22:32, 17 May 2010 Siebrand (talk | contribs) New reply created (Reply to Changing the Romanian namespaces (diacritics))
21:39, 17 May 2010 Strainu (talk | contribs) New reply created (Reply to Changing the Romanian namespaces (diacritics))
21:37, 17 May 2010 Strainu (talk | contribs) Comment text edited  
21:37, 17 May 2010 Strainu (talk | contribs) Comment text edited  
21:36, 17 May 2010 Strainu (talk | contribs) Comment text edited  
21:35, 17 May 2010 Strainu (talk | contribs) New thread created  

Changing the Romanian namespaces (diacritics)

After a long discussion at [1] we decided to migrate ro.wp from s/t-cedilla (ţ, ş) to s/t-comma (ț, ș). I have changed the namespace names at [2], but we need the old names to be kept as aliases.

Below is a list of standard namespaces with the _OLD_ spelling. They need to be used for _ALIASES_:

1: Discuţie
3: Discuţie Utilizator
5: Discuţie Wikipedia
6: Fişier
7: Discuţie Fişier
9: Discuţie MediaWiki
11: Discuţie Format
13: Discuţie Ajutor
15: Discuţie Categorie

In addition to that, there are 2 more namespaces specific to the Romanian Wikipedia which need to be converted (from the form on the left to the form on the right):

101: Discuţie Portal -> Discuție Portal
103: Discuţie Proiect -> Discuție Proiect


A bugzilla bug with the same request exists [3] and should be closed after making the changes.

Thank you for your help.


[1] http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discu%C5%A3ie_Wikipedia:Sfatul_B%C4%83tr%C3%A2nilor#Concluzii_finale

[2] http://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?language=ro&module=namespace&title=Special%3AAdvancedTranslate

[3] https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22616

Strainu21:35, 17 May 2010

Linked to the request above, I want to ask you if there is anyone able and willing to run a bot to replace ţ,ş with ț,ș in all the Romanian translations. This needs to happen at a later time, after all the preparations are finished on ro.wp.

Strainu21:39, 17 May 2010

Will make the replacements now, and ask Raymond to hold off on committing 'ro' until the namespaces are active. Committed the namespaces in mwr:66591, so Wikimedia can merge per bugzilla:22616.

Siebrand22:32, 17 May 2010

Bot is running now. Will probably take a while.

Siebrand23:16, 17 May 2010

SieBot made between 3,000 and 3,500 updates in ~10,000 /ro pages.

Siebrand07:01, 18 May 2010
 
 

'ro' excluded in script 'bpmw' for the moment.

Raymond05:24, 18 May 2010
 

Please give me a ping when preparations are finished. Then I will export the changes from translatewiki into SVN. The day after my export it will be live on all Wikimedia projects.

Raymond08:19, 19 May 2010

I have just reactivated 'ro' in the MediaWiki export, so Raymond will most probably automatically export the Romanian updates later today, if he remembers to use the correct export window :).

Siebrand08:25, 19 May 2010

I'm afraid it is still too early. Please hold on until we can have all the preparations finished - I estimate another week or so.

Strainu16:51, 20 May 2010

It was committed last evening and is probably live already in the entire Wikimedia cluster since early this morning (CEST).

Siebrand18:34, 20 May 2010