Translations into Tatar language ('tt' vs 'tt-cyrl' / 'tt-latn')
Please summarize the below thread in the editing box. You may use any wikitext in your summary. When you finish, click "Publish changes".
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
You can view and copy the source of this page.
As i noticed some time back, new translations into Tatar language is not tranferred to tatar Wikipedia (tt.wikipedia.org).
- For translators available three language code for Tatar language (through language selector in top right corner of Special:Translate) - "tt" (татарча), "tt-cyrl" (татарча) and "tt-latn" (tatarça). All of them are now contain translated messages. There are no warning messages for translators.
- But if you go to a direct link wth "tt" langcode, you will see that
- caption for "tt" is "татарча/tatarça"
- warning message "This language code should remain unused. Localise in tt-cyrl please"
If "tt" is deprecated, please
- disable this code for selection in the Special:Translate
- change caption of this code that displayed in the languages list, to "татарча/tatarça"
- copy all translations from "tt" into "tt-cyrl" (if target translations is not exists)
This should be applied also to meta-wiki and another Wikimedia wikis.
A separate question - which language file is used for Tatar Wikipedia (cyrillic script used by default; no working switch)? tt-cyrl.json or tt.json ? As i noticed, tt.json files now does not creates.
Note: In Meta, MW.org etc. was used "tt" code for cyrillic translations, by default.