Need improvement in Search
Last edit: 12:30, 4 September 2011
- I have done good number of translations here at translate wiki.We had to create and use several new localised terms. When I return back after long time to search some term and what term we used to localise , Even after using all tricks mentioned in FAQ support page more than often I end up return back empty handed.
- More important is the fact referring back new casual wikipedia reader to search certain term here , he finds it to complicated.
- Available translator force just enough to take care of minimal transaltion need and hardly we do have enough time to generate glossary.
- Besides single page glossaries are not ideal for searching.
- We need some better automated system which will search entire message database for given languge and provide glossary result.and that we should be more comfortable to refer a novice also to search through search link
- I suppose Translate wiki developers may have other priorities too , still I belive that this usability point may already in their mind,and they will take care of the same in due course.
Thanks and Reagards
We would love to have a terminology repo per language, but it does not have a high priority at the moment. We are working on features however that may help in the near future.
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
You can view and copy the source of this page.Purodha Blissenbach
Sorry to say: I'm all for thinking with you. However, over the past years you have often said you would be working on some code, without delivering much. I really hope this will change.
As for the terminology repository: I am almost certain that a standard for these already exists. Nikerabbit probably knows more about it and will be able to provide some web reference(s).