Newly, the data on [[Special:LanguageStats]] are no longer updated
The Special:LanguageStats_are_no_longer_updated_55832 highlighted comment was created in this revision.
We can no longer force it with "&action=purge" either, it just does nothing. I believe someone managed to force a purge yesterday (I got the "refreshing stats" message when viewing the stats) and since then it neither refreshes nor allows a purge.
I saw timeouts on our logs, so likely I should move that to the JobQueue.
Anyway, we should hunt down why it's not updating as it should.
Virtually, we can not see the messages that need to be translated. Does this mean that we must retire temporarily?
I have cherry-picked by untested fix and purged all statistics. Give some time for them to repopulate. Let me know if you see further issues of stats not updating.
I do not mean any abuse. I mean it's because we need to update stats automatically.Thanks for responding
Please give concrete examples (groups, languages). I don't have time to start hunting. I did one test translation and the stats updated correctly.
If I go to LanguageStats for pt, I get:
If I then click on MediaWiki, instead of 1 message to translate I get 3:
In fact, the MediaWiki counter for pt has been at 1 for at least a week. Only going into MediaWiki did I realize that there have been messages waiting to be translated.
By the way, when I wrote the message above, the counter was 1 and only the last of the three messages was there waiting (so, I believe it is not just a counter of the outdated messages, the MediaWiki counter is not being updated at all, as far as I can tell).
If you try to do that for other languages (say, pt-br) you'll find similar differences. For example, for es you'll see that for MediaWiki there are 3.476 untranslated messages - but the page no longer shows that these will be for some MediaWiki extensions: the page no longer shows the MediaWiki extensions at all, in the list, and it has not for some time.
Hope this helps...