Newly, the data on [[Special:LanguageStats]] are no longer updated
← Thread:Support/Newly, the data on Special:LanguageStats are no longer updated/reply (21)
Please give concrete examples (groups, languages). I don't have time to start hunting. I did one test translation and the stats updated correctly.
If I go to LanguageStats for pt, I get:
If I then click on MediaWiki, instead of 1 message to translate I get 3:
In fact, the MediaWiki counter for pt has been at 1 for at least a week. Only going into MediaWiki did I realize that there have been messages waiting to be translated.
By the way, when I wrote the message above, the counter was 1 and only the last of the three messages was there waiting (so, I believe it is not just a counter of the outdated messages, the MediaWiki counter is not being updated at all, as far as I can tell).
If you try to do that for other languages (say, pt-br) you'll find similar differences.
Hope this helps...
That looks correct to me. There is one untranslated message and two outdated translatiosn (which are counted as translated), but shown in the "outdated" column as 1%.
Today, it still shows a total of 1:
But now there are 4 messages, 2 new, 2 outdated:
Further, if we expand MediaWiki we still get 1 for MediaWiki, 3 for MediaWiki Core, and nothing else, so the message group of the new message, Wikimedia Project Names, is not represented nor reflected in the totals:
The MediaWiki counter continues at 1, same as it has been for over a week now, doesn't increase with new/outdated messages nor decrease with translations/updates.
A user who was supposedly retired from translatewiki.net decided to come in precisely now, at this time, and from the thousands of messages requiring translation, help by translating one of the 4 messages from the MediaWiki group that I have been describing.
The counter now reads 3, instead of 1.
Did someone do anything that corrected the pt counter before that translation was made? Was anything changed or corrected?
Now, 12 hours later, the situation reported persists. LanguageStats reports 1 message for MediaWiki and 1 for MediaWiki core. Going into MediaWiki, however, there are several messages waiting for translation, not 1. It seems, at this time, that MediaWiki groups other than MediaWiki core are not being counted by LanguageStats.
I noticed that it is now apparently possible to purge the cache - that has not been possible for some time. So, I just purged LanguageStats and some people should now realise there have been 17 MediaWiki messages waiting for translation for a couple of days.
Thanks for patience. I have a hunch what could cause this and will investigate. Due to holidays, except a response next week.
Took quite a bit longer, but there is now a patch in review.
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
You can view and copy the source of this page.Hamilton Abreu (talk)