Notification options in Preferences
Please summarize the below thread in the editing box. You may use any wikitext in your summary. When you finish, click "Publish changes".
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
You can view and copy the source of this page.
I think that notification options in user's preferences should be more clearly described (translated). I suppose it's kind of hard for an average user to figure it out what particular option actually means. Even with description behind the question mark I hardly know what the option is about. Is it possible to make it more "description (longer) way", like:
- Someone leaves me a message on my talk page
- Someone thanks me for my edit
- Translations (what exactly is the purpose of this?)
- Someone mentions me with a link to my user page
- My mention of someone is not sended (for what reasons?)
- My mention of someone is sended
- Page link (what happens here?)
- Someone reviews a page I've created (what does "review" means?)
- Someone changes my user rights
- Someone reverts my edit
- Someone sends me an e-mail
- Education Program
So the tooltips next to the short name aren't enough? Clarifying the meaning of the messages in qqq is certainly useful; other than that, this is likely to be a controversial change and you should tell the developers directly.