Viewing a history listing
Last edit: 01:34, 10 January 2020
I would like to request renaming of the Template namespace on the Wikimedia projects available in Macedonian, namely Wikipedia, Wikisource, Wiktionary and Wikibooks, from "Шаблон" to "Предлошка" but still keep the redirects from "Template" and "Шаблон". The community on the Macedonian Wikipedia pays careful attention on the use of puristic terminology and therefore avoids or limits the extent to which words of foreign origin are used. While "шаблон" as a term derived from the German "Schablone" has been accommodated in the Macedonian language for a long time, the dictionary does also contain "предлошка" as a word of Slavic origin with exactly the same meaning. Importantly, this is not going to be the first case a Slavic language makes the use of this term, as the same namespace on the Croatian- and Slovene-language projects bears a variety of the same word (e.g. "Predložak" in Croatian, "Predloga" in Slovene). It is also not the first time a request for renaming a namespace on the Macedonian-language projects is filed after the File and Special namespaces had been renamed for the same puristic reason in the past. Thanks in advance.
- Yes. We need to make this change as soon as possible. This needs the attention of @Siebrand:
Makes general sense, I can do it. Just to be extra-sure, do you have something like a community discussion about this?
Hello, Amir. Yes, the matter has been discussed by the most active editors, and we have had an agreement on it. The discussions however, took palce on meetings outside the wiki itself. Hope that's good enough. By the way, we already changed the interface via translatewiki here, so it says Предлошка everywhere and everyone's fine with it.
What will be the name for the "Templаte talk" namespace? "Разговор за предлошка"?
I also need new translations for these:
- 'ExpandTemplates' => [ 'ПрошириШаблони' ],
- 'Mostlinkedtemplates' => [ 'НајупотребуваниШаблони' ],
- 'Uncategorizedtemplates' => [ 'НекатегоризираниШаблони' ],
- 'Unusedtemplates' => [ 'НеискористениШаблони' ],
- 'Wantedtemplates' => [ 'ПотребниШаблони' ],
I guess that it's:
- 'ExpandTemplates' => [ 'ПрошириПредлошки' ],
- 'Mostlinkedtemplates' => [ 'НајупотребуваниПредлошки' ],
- 'Uncategorizedtemplates' => [ 'НекатегоризираниПредлошки' ],
- 'Unusedtemplates' => [ 'НеискористениПредлошки' ],
- 'Wantedtemplates' => [ 'ПотребниПредлошки' ],
But please verify.
Hi, the matter was not discussed on wiki, but several editors agreed on this change. This is not OK without general discussion and without consulting language specialist. Regards.
Romanian: Please translate "Gadget" to "Gadget", "Gadget talk" to "Discuție Gadget", "Campaign" to "Campanie" and "Campaign talk" to "Discuție Campanie".