This is the thread's initial revision.
I've used Special:ImportTranslations several times today, and found it working pretty well for me. Seing it working inspired me to reword few of my translated messages. I've got some minor suggestions of improvements, found one drawback, and there is one is one oddity.
- In MediaWiki:Translate-manage-import-diff, I'd suggest to use
- Also in MediaWiki:Translate-manage-import-diff, I'd suggest to convert $1, the message name, to a link. Benefit: When you detect errors, or want to make enhancement, you can open a background window instantly, which you reload when the import is done, so as to make the desired adaptions.
- When messages are fuzzied in the imported file, the fuzzy flags are correctly imported. I was expecting the default action to be "import and fuzzy" for those messages, but that was not so. If there are no objectons, I'd look into changing the code so as to make that so.
- The 10 second import time limit is too small, it boils down to ~20 messages. That is few.
- I found two messages being new, which imho should not be - see attached screen shot showing one of them. I tried several reimports of the (unaltered) file. Each time, I was told, they were new. --Purodha Blissenbach 01:23, 19 November 2009 (UTC)