Difference between revisions of "Thread:Support/TranslateUserManager/reply"

From translatewiki.net
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
That IPv6 is mine, very strange because I'm logged in here. This is visibly a bug of the "TranslateUserManager" bot, loosing some data about user sessions when we are connected via IPv6.
+
That IPv6 is "mine", very strange because I'm logged in here.
  +
This may be related to recent bugs in this wiki, with failure in its front end caches, loosing sessions, and not returning the expected data and making incorrect logs for user accounts that it could not get.
 
  +
If you look for it, you'll see that it belongs to the IPv6 space allocated by Free.fr for its fiber accesses (the IPv6 translates algorithmically into a regional location and default IPv4 address, normally, but this does not apply to me because my IPv4 (which is not shared by 4 users like it is by default in Free.fr, which uses NAT by assigning them 4 distinct ranges of 13684 port numbers for TCP and UDP, instead of the classic 65536 port numbers) was allocated to another space where I have a dedicated IPv4 address not passing through NAT.
I've never opened any such address and in fact the log is wrong as there was no account created at all.
 
  +
  +
This is visibly a bug of the "TranslateUserManager" bot, loosing some data about user sessions when we are connected via IPv6, or when some subrequests are coming with different address.
  +
Or may be there's a bug in this wiki in its antispam systems, which incorrectly assume that an IPV4 cannot be used simultaneously by two unrelated users. Anyway this is also a privacy bug that should be signaled (it does not conform to Wikimedia policies), and fails to map the related IPv4 and IPv6. I can't explain why this happens, but sessions are incorrectly managed by the frontends of this wiki.
  +
  +
This may be related to recent bugs in this wiki, with failure in its front end caches, also loosing sessions, mixing queries, corrupting the frontend caches with unrelated translations, and not returning the expected data and making incorrect logs for user accounts that it could not get.
  +
  +
I've never opened any such account and in fact the log is wrong as there was no account created at all. All this comes from an internal bot on this wiki.
  +
  +
This bug is visible since last August 15. I never had my IP "logged" like this even if I used this wiki before and did not change my ISP settings or subscription and was active even before.

Latest revision as of 21:29, 20 October 2019

That IPv6 is "mine", very strange because I'm logged in here.

If you look for it, you'll see that it belongs to the IPv6 space allocated by Free.fr for its fiber accesses (the IPv6 translates algorithmically into a regional location and default IPv4 address, normally, but this does not apply to me because my IPv4 (which is not shared by 4 users like it is by default in Free.fr, which uses NAT by assigning them 4 distinct ranges of 13684 port numbers for TCP and UDP, instead of the classic 65536 port numbers) was allocated to another space where I have a dedicated IPv4 address not passing through NAT.

This is visibly a bug of the "TranslateUserManager" bot, loosing some data about user sessions when we are connected via IPv6, or when some subrequests are coming with different address. Or may be there's a bug in this wiki in its antispam systems, which incorrectly assume that an IPV4 cannot be used simultaneously by two unrelated users. Anyway this is also a privacy bug that should be signaled (it does not conform to Wikimedia policies), and fails to map the related IPv4 and IPv6. I can't explain why this happens, but sessions are incorrectly managed by the frontends of this wiki.

This may be related to recent bugs in this wiki, with failure in its front end caches, also loosing sessions, mixing queries, corrupting the frontend caches with unrelated translations, and not returning the expected data and making incorrect logs for user accounts that it could not get.

I've never opened any such account and in fact the log is wrong as there was no account created at all. All this comes from an internal bot on this wiki.

This bug is visible since last August 15. I never had my IP "logged" like this even if I used this wiki before and did not change my ISP settings or subscription and was active even before.