Please summarize the below thread in the editing box. You may use any wikitext in your summary. When you finish, click "Publish changes".
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
You can view and copy the source of this page.
Return to Summary:Support/español nicaragüense.
Could we get español nicaragüense enabled here? It's a very different dialect from español españa or español mexicano, which are probably the dialects being used here.
- lang code: es-ni
- Localized names:
- English: Either "Nicaraguan Spanish" or "Spanish (Nicaragua)"
- Native: Either "español nicaragüense" or "español (Nicaragua)"
- We use "español (Nicaragua)" on my mainstay wiki, but it depends on what the standard is here.
- left to right, like the Spanish we have here right now
- It should fall back to es, or if available and possible, Uruguayan Spanish, or other Central American dialects that exist.
I'm willing to translate messages to this language.
At the moment there is only one variant of Spanish. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_dialects_and_varieties doesn't seem to explain the difference very well or whether there is a standard orthography for this dialect. Can you clarify?
The main difference is the use of voseo rather than tuteo (you can read about both on Wikipedia if you are unfamiliar with these verb forms). We also don't really use the word tú ever. You can read more about Nicaraguan Spanish at wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicaraguan_Spanish