Discuss the future of Intuition
← Summary:Translating talk:Intuition/Discuss the future of Intuitiontools.wmflabs.org
Please summarize the below thread in the editing box. You may use any wikitext in your summary. When you finish, click "Publish changes".
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
You can view and copy the source of this page.
Per phab:T172065, loading asserts from non-Wikimedia providers are discouraged, not surprise, translatewiki.net is also under non-Wikimedia criteria. So in theory we should try replacing
(from phab:P5825) to a Wikimedia provided assert.
However, I am not sure how such "replacing" could be possible, since twn hosts a lot of messages that from Wikimedia umbrella.
And another however, I am now confused with the de facto status of messages world:
- CitationHunt: Use its own messages group
- CopyPatrol: own
- crosswatch: own
- GapFinder (a Cloud VPS project): own
- IA Upload: own
- InternetArchiveBot: own
- Pageviews: own
- video2commons: own
- Programs & Events Dashboard, uses Translating:Wiki_Ed_Dashboard: own
- XTools: Nowadays own
I believe that all of projects above are having hate-to-be-dynamic l10ned interfaces, and with doing compare with de facto 27 Intuition projects:
- DCAT-AP (UFO?)
- Global user contributions (a tool that wasted me 16 minutes to load full datas, ha?!)
- Catdown (still a "Toolserver tool"?!)
- CommonsHelper 2 (Four hundred and four!)
- Cvn Overlay (a good day for me that I must download-install-configure before loading necessary datas, hehe)
- Intuition - General (it self)
- GetWikiAPI (Why this so-called l10n is "still needed" even we have translatable api.php...)
- Grep (maybe good, but what's the reason that we can't merge "Language:" and "Project:" fields to a single [language code box].[project box].org?!)
- Intuition - Intuition - Core (it self, and we may say a lot of "Intuition - Intuition - ..." prefixes...)
- Jarry (list of tools...)
- Krinkle (I would give my concern to see how this can't move to Cloud VPS)
- Mwsnapshots (hmm, what's the reason that this can't just be provided by a Special page of MediaWiki.org? We can just download extensions and skins here)
- Persönliche Bekanntschaften (if only dewiki use it, then why l10n is needed)
- Real-Time Recent Changes (although there's still client users, I strongly recommond to let em migrate to use New filters for edit review which may also make RC dynamically)
- SVG Translate (So Jarry1250, what's your status of TranslateSvg extension?)
- Template transclusion check (a WP only tool, umm...)
- Templatecount (per above)
- Toolserver status (is just shutted down, isn't that?)
- Ts Reports (not very user friendly for me)
- Intuition - User Dashboard (it self)
- Voiceintro (how to use it on an Ultrabook?)
- What leaves here (another download-install-configure?)
- Wikiviewstats (No webservice)
- Monuments API (times for my Ultrabook to load it: 32 minutes)
- OrphanTalk (suitable for next splitting?)
- Raun (a Trump-styled sentense: A man v*conved his covfefe from Nambia to Toolgorfe)
- reFill (too hard to judge what can be translated, and what cannot)
So since the migration of XTools l10n, even there's a little possible that that "replacing" is possible, I would also ask that, what's the benefit of it?
I would ask a better solution that better than daydream replacement. Or maybe and somewhat sadly, we should consider abandoning the entire Intuition, and split all of those l10n messages to "Wikimedia:XXX..."