Viewing a history listing
I see you've just made major contributions to the Blockly translation. THANK YOU! Persian is one of the languages we've most wanted to see translated because of its large number of native speakers and paucity of native programming environments. Please let us know if you have any questions or see any problems in our RTL code (or anything else). The translated puzzle app has been up for a while.
WOW! Really am happy to hear that! But please consider that Google App Engine and Google Code is blocked on Iran (and the link you've provided is blocked for me due Google sanctions). Please consider to migrating to a more freedom place such as Github if is possible :)
Thank you for pointing that out. Blockly can run entirely client-side, but, as you point out, you do need to get the source code. I'm going to talk to the Google Code team to ask if Google is blocking Iran (I thought it was the other way around) and with my tech lead about a github mirror (although I guess I don't need anyone's permission because it's open source). I'll get back to you soon.
I opened that link somehow, the Persian language name is typed reveresed on the UI, it is "فارسی" not "پسراف". Can be fixed?
Thank you for pointing that out. I remember struggling with that because I wasn't sure how it should appear. Do you mean it is backward in the dropdown menu?
Yes completely reversed, something like
! (the string inside double quotation is correct and result of this js code is what is in UI and wrong!) :)
Thank you. I'll fix it today (although I don't know when it will get pushed).
I confirmed that you are correct about Google blocking Iran. (I was hoping you were wrong.) I will find a way to get Blockly source code on github.
I hope for peace between our countries.
In my opinion you should propose completely migrating to Github and not just cloning as the blocking problem is not just on Iran (and is available on other sanctioned countries) and contributing to Google code projects is impossible for users on those countries (like me). Notepad++ migrated from sourceforge just because for lifting up sanctions you should press a tick and this was unacceptable for Notepad++ author but Google Code has not this option even.
I strongly hope also! :)
I speak Hebrew and ebraminio asked me for more feedback about RTL support in Blockly.
In that puzzle most parts look fine. Immediate problems that I noticed:
- The colon in the end of "Flag:", "Language:", "Cities:" is on the wrong side. The CSS direction is ltr. It should be rtl.
- Similar problem with the ellipsis in "choose..." - the ellipsis is on the wrong side.