Not update again

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Not update again

Hi Nemo,

Several months ago I asked you why an old message still appeared in Wikipedia although it was updated. The issue was resolved. However, today I found a similar problem again. This link shows that two messages relating to RecentChanges page were updated two days ago. Yet, only one appears correctly in the RecentChanges page in Thai Wikipedia, while the other one was not updated.

More interestingly, I opened RecentChanges page in translatewiki.net and found that neither of them was updated. This is strange because translatewiki.net should update its interface immediately after changing of any message. I, therefore, did null edit on both pages and found that RecentChanges page on translatewiki.net now renders correctly. RecentChanges page in Thai Wikipedia does still render incorrectly, though.

Nullzero (talk)05:56, 15 December 2013

Are you sure that recentchanges-legend-newpage hasn't changed in English too? LocalisationUpdate only updates translations if the English text is still the same as the one used by the wiki, you may need to wait a week or so for MediaWiki to be updated there.

Nemo (talk)10:03, 15 December 2013

It did change, but two weeks ago.

Nullzero (talk)16:31, 15 December 2013

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.


You can view and copy the source of this page.

Return to Thread:User talk:Nemo bis/Not update again/reply (3).

Well, I still don't understand what happened.

This link at line 678 retrieves the message named "recentchanges-legend-newpage." This message is defined in this link at line 1569 correctly. However, in wikipedia:th:Special:Recentchanges the recent version of "recentchanges-legend-newpage" still appears which is completely incorrect. It has been like this for almost one month.

Nullzero (talk)23:05, 4 January 2014

Now the wiki uses the new message in English [1] so it's definitely a bug: please report it in bugzilla against the LocalisationUpdate extension (and cc me), these links are enough to prove the issue.

Nemo (talk)11:28, 5 January 2014