View source for Thread:Support/Notification options in Preferences/reply
I think that notification options in user's preferences should be more clearly described (translated). I suppose it's kind of hard for an average user to figure it out what particular option actually means. Even with description behind the question mark I hardly know what the option is about. Is it possible to make it more "description (longer) way", like:
- Someone leaves me a message on my talk page
- Someone thanks me for my edit
- Translations (what exactly is the purpose of this?)
- Someone mentions me with a link to my user page
- My mention of someone is not sended (for what reasons?)
- My mention of someone is sended
- Page link (what happens here?)
- Someone reviews a page I've created (what does "review" means?)
- Someone changes my user rights
- Someone reverts my edit
- Someone sends me an e-mail
- Education Program
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
You can view and copy the source of this page.Nemo (talk)
This string is not clear: it seems to say that there are more requests than those shown, but it actually means that the checkboxes under the selected one(s) will be selected too. Making it look like a button for an action rather than a link would also help.
It is not useful to repeat the message content in message documentation.
Is this a header, or is it an sentence with active verb (in other words: it is shown when the indexing is actually happening)?
Those messages starting with "Indexing ..." are all log messages. You are definitely right the documentation needed to be improved. Added to all documentations that they are used in a log file. Thank you for the reports.
MediaWiki:Userrights-viewusergroup seems to not allowing gender on translatewiki.
I think it would be better if the button "View history" were changed to simply "History" to save some space. Some translations like the fr, it, nlwiki, ru, sr, ro, already do this, and it's still obvious what the button does. In my honest opinion, it makes sense to save space where it's possible, like with "My preferences" to "Preferences" or "My talk" to "Talk" in the past, et cetera.
"$1unique" should be "<var>$1unique</var>", as done in:
"$1unique" should be "<var>$1unique</var>", as done in:
As i noticed some time back, new translations into Tatar language is not tranferred to tatar Wikipedia (tt.wikipedia.org).
- For translators available three language code for Tatar language (through language selector in top right corner of Special:Translate) - "tt" (татарча), "tt-cyrl" (татарча) and "tt-latn" (tatarça). All of them are now contain translated messages. There are no warning messages for translators.
- But if you go to a direct link wth "tt" langcode, you will see that
- caption for "tt" is "татарча/tatarça"
- warning message "This language code should remain unused. Localise in tt-cyrl please"
If "tt" is deprecated, please
- disable this code for selection in the Special:Translate
- change caption of this code that displayed in the languages list, to "татарча/tatarça"
- copy all translations from "tt" into "tt-cyrl" (if target translations is not exists)
This should be applied also to meta-wiki and another Wikimedia wikis.
A separate question - which language file is used for Tatar Wikipedia (cyrillic script used by default; no working switch)? tt-cyrl.json or tt.json ? As i noticed, tt.json files now does not creates.
Note: In Meta, MW.org etc. was used "tt" code for cyrillic translations, by default.
Please make manual export for udmurt language file (langcode = "udm"). Some namespace names was changed and shlould be affected to udm.wikipedia.org. See related bugreport as bugzilla:47820
Last edit: 12:59, 11 July 2016
udm is not exported because it's only 8 % translated, less than the minimum (see Translating:MediaWiki). There was recently a complete re-export of all languages because Nike changed the minimum.
I am considering following enhancements to our exports:
- if l10n file exists, ignore threshold and export it anyway
- delete files that are below threshold (smaller than the export threshold)
Something is definitely wrong with the message: https://uk.wikiquote.org/w/index.php?title=Купкеркно&action=edit but it seems that it's on the part of the parameter
It's not the first time I look but I still don't see what's wrong. Please clarify.
Hello. Could you please add the corresponding translation the namespace?
- Module ->Modul
- Module talk ->Modul vaten
- Portal ->Portal
- Portal talk -> Portal vaten
- Gadget ->Halet
- Gadget talk ->Halet vaten
- Gadget definition ->Halet şınasnayış
- Gadget definition talk ->Halet şınasnayış vaten
- Topic ->Mewzu
What precisely does "line wrapping" refer to, here? Automatic wrapping; rendering of existing line breaks in a data field; etc.?
This message is invalid on a semantic level. IP-Addresses are address, not servers or services. Acting as a proxy is a service. You cannot mix theses. Also, I wonder that related messages talk about "open proxy" servers, but this one does not. That should be straightened for clarity, at least. Furthermore, is the action performed, or aborted? In the latter case it has not been performed, then, or has it? If a request comes from a proxy server, it is unlikely - though possible - that the person that originally initiated it and shall read his message, is using the proxy itself as his or her desktop computer, so the assumption that the proxies IP-Address is "your IP-Address" is likely false, too.