View source for Thread:User talk:Kizito/Please, do not templates massages/reply (3)
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Please, do not translate templates massages||7||17:41, 27 September 2010|
|Recommended process for translating MediaWiki||1||23:14, 28 April 2010|
|Welcome back!||1||23:49, 15 December 2009|
English is basic, localization of templates massages do not support now, may be later?
Sorry, some templates has localized versions, for example http://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special%3APrefixIndex&prefix=ProcessNavigation&namespace=10
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
You can view and copy the source of this page.Kizito
On my mind, You can create, for example, Template:ProcessNavigation/lg based on version http://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Template:ProcessNavigation&oldid=2324232 and other templates, which has localized versions.
Hi Kizito. I see you're taking a fairly, as leat from my perspective, random approach at making translations at the moment. Please find below some recommended steps. I hope they are of help. If you don't like them, please feel free to make your contributions in whichever way you like; each contribution is valuable to us.
- first translate the
- complete the
- check if you should translate any
- do a consistency check (terminology, formal/informal) on your localisation
- translate special page names, magic words and namespaces on Special:AdvancedTranslate
- translate the
- translate the
- do a consistency check (terminology, formal/informal) on your localisation between core messages and extension messages
- start maintaining your language's localisation on a regular basis. At least once per month is recommended.
Hope this helps. :)
Hey there. Welcome back after being away for almost two years. I hope you can keep coming back, as we always are in dire need of translators for rare and underresourced languages on the web. Please do not hesitate to ask questions on Support.