View source for User talk:Kizito
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Please, do not translate templates massages||7||17:41, 27 September 2010|
|Recommended process for translating MediaWiki||1||23:14, 28 April 2010|
|Welcome back!||1||23:49, 15 December 2009|
English is basic, localization of templates massages do not support now, may be later?
Sorry, some templates has localized versions, for example http://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special%3APrefixIndex&prefix=ProcessNavigation&namespace=10
Thanks for the update. Does this mean that I can continue to localise any template then?
I would also like to localise that Wikipedia Globe logo, but am not sure how to go about it, could you advise?
On my mind, You can create, for example, Template:ProcessNavigation/lg based on version http://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Template:ProcessNavigation&oldid=2324232 and other templates, which has localized versions.
Hi Kizito. I see you're taking a fairly, as leat from my perspective, random approach at making translations at the moment. Please find below some recommended steps. I hope they are of help. If you don't like them, please feel free to make your contributions in whichever way you like; each contribution is valuable to us.
- first translate the
- complete the
- check if you should translate any
- do a consistency check (terminology, formal/informal) on your localisation
- translate special page names, magic words and namespaces on Special:AdvancedTranslate
- translate the
- translate the
- do a consistency check (terminology, formal/informal) on your localisation between core messages and extension messages
- start maintaining your language's localisation on a regular basis. At least once per month is recommended.
Hope this helps. :)