View source for User talk:Seb35
Welcome to Betawiki!
Hi Seb35. Welcome to Betawiki. Before you can use Special:Translate, please request translator rights at Betawiki:Translators. Please create a user page on which you describe which language(s) you will be working on.
Once you have started translating, please remember to often request a commit of your translation work at Translating:Tasks. This makes the number of changes easier to handle for the devs.
I wish you a productive and pleasant stay. Cheers! Siebrand 16:34, 7 October 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you for this welcome :-) Seb35 16:39, 7 October 2007 (UTC)
Discussions avec le groupe de traducteur francophone sur le portail
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|French fallback||5||10:28, 31 December 2016|
|Feedback for new search translation features||0||05:34, 15 July 2015|
Hello Seb35, can you help me clarify some language fallbacks in the French area? I opened a discussion on each of three languages, it would be great if you could write a message in French to the village pumps of the Wikimedia wikis in each of those languages (and maybe comment yourself):
By the way, I collected some statistics about languages in France and languages linked to the French language, for languages known by MediaWiki.
- WP = Wikipedia in the language, wp=Wikipedia as Incubator project
- percentage = translation of MediaWiki core
- → = current fallback
Languages in France (14):
- [WP] [95%] Francique ripuaire ksh → de
- [WP] [94%] Catalan ca → ∅
- [WP] [87%] Alsacien gsw → de
- [WP] [87%] Francoprovençal frp → fr
- [WP] [83%] Occitan oc → ∅
- [WP] [83%] Basque eu → ∅
- [WP] [80%] Breton br → ∅
- [WP] [41%] Wallon wa → fr
- [WP] [14%] Corse co → it
- [WP] [23%] Haïtien ht → fr
- [WP] [18%] Picard pcd → fr
- [WP] [ 3%] Flamand occidental vls → nl
- [WP] [ 2%] Normand nrm (code non-officiel) → ∅
- [WP] [ 2%] Tahitien ty → fr
Languages linked to the French language (9):
- [WP] [79%] Malgache mg → fr
- [78%] Koyraboro senni ses → fr
- [WP] [37%] Wolof wo → fr
- [wp] [19%] Français cajun frc → fr
- [WP] [12%] Lingala ln → fr
- [wp] [11%] Créole mauricien mfe → ∅
- [WP] [10%] Peul/fulfude ff → fr
- [WP] [ 5%] Sango sg → fr
- [WP] [ 4%] Bambara bm → fr
Thanks! Let me know when the notifications are done (I would also like to write to all translators individually; I can do myself if you prefer). As for statistics, we always need improvement to the CLDR data if available.
ping :) I would like to add these fallbacks in the next few days.