I want to enable Bodo language on translatewiki.net by the help of support page.
I wrote a discussion page on this support to enable the bodo language in transwiki.net because it's now disabled by transwiki. I want translate massages in Bodo language to create create the new Bodo Wikipedia. Bodo wikipedia is already eligible in incubator request page. Bodo wikipedia will be created after translating massagese, so iam here to translate massages but bodo langiage is disabled. But why, anyway please someone resolve the problem for bodo language in translatewiki and enable the language to translate.
- A language code from ISO 639-3 or the Ethnologue website: brx
- The language name in English and in its own language: Bodo – बर' (brx)
- Is the language RTL or LTR: LTR
- If the language is commonly written in more than one script, please say in which script the language should be enabled. Other variants can be enabled as and when translators for those variants volunteer. In Devanagari.
- (For MediaWiki) Should the language fall back to another language other than English? If so which? No need.
You may need to answer the 4th and 5th questions
Language uses Devanagari script. So, language must enabled in devanagi script , if you don't believe then go to the incubator project of bodo wikipedia. If you have another important question then ask.
Thanks. Devanagari is ok. Are people who know Bodo also likely to understand Assamese? (Assamese is the official language of the state where Bodo is most spoken according to w:Bodo language and w:Assam?)
Assamese is the official language of Assam and Both Bengali and Bodo are co-official. Bengali is most spoken in barak valley and Bodo is most spoken in four districts of Assam, which is called as BTC, Bodoland, BTAD. Bodoland is autonomous counci. So, Bodo is Official language of Bodoland and many bodo people knows Assamese , Bengali .But, What is problem in official, why you're talking about Assamese?
Well, to be not tricky, do you want to:
- Fallback to Assamese? or
- Fallback to Bengali? or
- Just show English
If a random message has (temporary) no Bodo translation available.
I just need translation . script must be Devanagari. Don't need any fallback.
Is anybody working on this issue ?
The only thing that you can do, after providing the necessary information, is wait, your request is not only one pending new language request.
AFAIW, there are also:
- Sylheti (syl);
- Sakizaya (ais), Amis (ami), Atayal (tay), Seediq (trv), and Saisiyat (xsy)
- Saraiki (skr);
- Kalenjin (kln);
- Tunica (tun);
- Kaikavian (kjv);
- Persian in Latin script (fa-latn);
- Ho (hoc);
- Atikamekw (atj) and Southern East Cree (crj);
- Javanese in Javanese script (jv-java);
- Northern Thai (nod);
- Bengali in India (bn-in);
- Hakka in both Hans (hak-hans) and Hant (hak-hant) scripts;
- Spanish in Nicaragua (es-ni);
- Thread:Support/Please_support_"Traditional_Mongolian_Script" – I'm confused with this request, is this Mongolian in Mongolian script (mn-mong)? Or Inner Mongolian (mvf)?
- Occitan Nissart (oc-ni)?;
- Ladino in Hebrew (lad-hebr).
So it's likely that you have to wait for half years to 3 years.
3 Years !?, OK, I will wait.
Fallback language to English.
Language support has been added.