Group management proposal
- Note: this page is outdated.
Special:ManageGroups needs enchanting. First of all it should be renamed to Special:ManageMessageGroups.
The layout should be changed to tables:
Page actions: [Refresh all] [Update all groups]
Show: o All o Manageable groups o Groups with message changes
|FreeCol||File based||24. Oct 2010 at 10:24||[Refresh] [Update]|
- Refresh means checking for changes
- Updating means that we use Ajax to load list of changes
This way with Ajax we can achieve less clicks and page loads. We also use ajax to process those changes in as many requests as is needed.
Actions for change types:
- New messages: only import
- Removed messages: none (just list them)
- Changed messages: import, import and fuzzy translations
- New translations: import, import and fuzzy
- Changed translations: import, import and fuzzy, ignore
Allow selecting the default action for last three types (per page or per group or per language?)
- Changed messages: [import] [import and fuzzy translations]
- New translations: [import] [import and fuzzy]
- Changed translations: [import] [import and fuzzy] [ignore]
- New message foo
- Text goes ghere
- Changed message bar | o Import × Import and Fuzzy
|In the file||In the wiki|
|Duuba daa||Diiba daa|
The same way...
New interface GroupDefinitionCache and DB and CDB(?) implementations of that.
New db table: groupdefinitions
- gd_sortkey # to keep the correct order