Note: this page is outdated and probably of no current use at all.
- This week
- Done Siebrand is unable export core-1.15 or core-1.16 before release - hopefully Bad bug in page translation: re?marking page for translation changes unrelated pages replacing content with random translations. Observed at KDE UserBase.
- Done This roadmap
- Done Start docs (see Roadmap/Documentation)
- What to write in which order - See what there is and how to incorporate those
- Research and start working on non-message translations problems:
- exporting is too slow or not working at all (roberthl has worked on this) - bugzilla:21787: magic words localisation does not support 2 extensions with the same magic word not started
- Done partly Review Special:Translate/manage (workflow/architecture/design)
was discussed some, but no concrete steps what to do next yet
- August (part-time job)
- Done Continue documentation
- Issues related to Page translation
- Finish page moving Restore BC with 1.16, more testing - Implement page deletion and unmarking - Figure out what to do with broken page layouts when using outdated translations (non-issue?, documentation or have a admin decide behaviour)
- Brainstorm for Special:ImportTranslations and start implementing
- It is too slow, imports only 25-40 messages in one page load - Broken if main cache is not a proper cache Not started
- Implement the changes to Special:Translate/manage
- Code documentation good enough Continue improving documentation
- Improving Message Group Management page
- Small improvements.
- Page translation issues
- Many issues still.
- November - December (univ. studies)
- Ariel: Translation review and workflow in testing
- Documentation in good shape
- Finish fixing Special:ImportTranslations
- Finish fixing Special:Translate/manage if not already
- Fix and improve caching of completion percentages (backend)
- Invalidate where needed - Is the architecture ok? - Message Groups using page in MediaWiki-namespace for message listing need special handling.
- Caching of messages in MediaWiki namespace is too slow
Done Our InnoDB cache was enormously small and has been enlarged greatly (from 8M to 1200M). Performance issue gone. In addition adaptive caching was implemented and put into use.