Talk:Import requests

From translatewiki.net
Jump to: navigation, search

Hi, Yesterday I requested to import all the system messages from telugu wikipedia. They were brought in here. I have checked and corrected them here in the import requests page itself. Some of those messages belong to extensions also. Now can I request for a commit or should I do any thing else? __Mpradeep 06:24, 17 January 2008 (UTC)

also what does fuzzy mean? how will I identify whether a string is fuzzy? __Mpradeep 06:29, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
You have to check this, not the unknown messages. The list with unknown messages is given as a service, as you may want to use those for inputting. They are most likely extension messages. Hope this clears things up for you. Cheers! Siebrand 07:09, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
Thankyou Siebrand, now I understood what I should actually do before requesting for commit. __Mpradeep 10:14, 17 January 2008 (UTC)

Selective import

Can I request selective import? I know many Wikimedia projects which messages are localized into their language, but some are modified reflecting Wikimedia particularity. I'm afraid It doesn't mix the generality of default settings. --Aphaia 07:50, 5 February 2008 (UTC)

Please be more specific. A lot is possible. Cheers! Siebrand 07:54, 5 February 2008 (UTC)

Localization Boardvote Extention

Can we just blank some (outdated) messages? Some messages are circulatedly reusable but some are not. Like "Election 2007" (<-- "2007" should be removed or just replaced with "2016". I served the latest Election as an officer and it was my headache some messages contained outdated 2006 ones and we officers need to update them manually. I guess it would be better for all involved parties just to blank such (e.g. MediaWiki:boardvote_intro or MediaWiki:boardvote_sitenotice) or more generalized. --Aphaia 07:50, 5 February 2008 (UTC)

Hmm? They don't existed. But I found them localized, at least in Japanese. i.e. MediaWiki:boardvote_sitenotice/ja). Anyway I see no point to request those outdated and particular information for translaiton. --Aphaia 07:53, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
The maintainers of the Boardvote extension (I am assuming mainly the Wikimedia Foundation) would do good in better tailoring the messages to minimise the translation efforts needed for each election they organise. Blocking translation of certain large message will not help a lot, because this only means more local effort for each election. Please aim your arrows at the maintainer of the extension instead of on the localisation project. Cheers! Siebrand 07:57, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
OK. I'll write the last year team, just for their reference. But in my humble opinion, the translation request of this extention would be better to suspend temporally. --Aphaia 08:08, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
This extension has 34 messages (boardvote_footer is being ignored). It appears that boardvote_intro, boardvote_sitenotice, and go_to_board_vote contain text that is election dependant and changes every election. If the issues in those messages are addressed, for example by making them configurable from LocalSettings.php, there are no more issues. Suspending the localisation of the complete extension because of that is nonsense. Cheers! Siebrand 08:36, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
P.s. please create a user page as requested in the welcome message on your talk page.

I have taken back by Import Request

I do not intend to import the messages that I translated in the MediaWiki. I have already translated more than 80% on the BetaWiki afresh. After I have translated the remaining 20% or so, I'll request commit. Aursani 09:30, 4 June 2008 (UTC)

Aursani 09:30, 4 June 2008 (UTC)

OK. Messages are being committed on an almost daily basis. Only commits for changes to Special:Magic should be requested, the rest is automatic unless agreed otherwise. Cheers! Siebrand 11:37, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
There are no threads on this page yet.