Deleting unused strings from translated language files
Thanks for your reply.
Please note that the actual translations have not been modified at all. Changes to foreign language files are :
- removed unused strings ==> From your reply, I understand is that by deleting the string myself, I'm only anticipating on what translatewiki.net would do anyway, so that should not cause any issue. Is that right ?
- moving strings around in the file (without changing anything) ==> I assume this has no impact, can you confirm ? (note, this was done to have consistent ordering of strings across all language files)
- renaming a language string (i.e. not the translation itself, but the string's identifier) ==> this is the one I'm really not sure about. I would think yes based on what the FAQ says, but since it also mentions informing the staff...
- removed unused strings --> This should be fine but would recommend doing it only for the source language and not the foreign language files.
- moving strings around in the file --> Again no issues here and should be fine.
- renaming a language string --> This is also fine. Thanks for the ping regarding this. We will review and do the necessary renaming on our end, which is quite easy.
FYI the pull request https://github.com/mantisbt/mantisbt/pull/1564 has been merged a few minutes ago, feel free to do your magic at your next convenience.