|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
I contribute mainly on the en he and yi Wikipedias.
I was temporary administrator 2 times of the Yiddish Wikipedia.
My mother tongue is Yiddish. I can read and write English and Hebrew at an intermediate level. I also know a little German.
- yi user page wikipedia:yi:באנוצער:יודל
- en user page wikipedia:en:User:Yidisheryid
- he user page wikipedia:he:משתמש:יידל
- meta user page meta:User:יודל
Please help me in my ongoing Yiddish translation project
Usually my translations are only a first draft because i cannot have a clue where does this message appear? I am not able to make a proper translation without having seen the context of this message. after time i use the wikipedia i can comprehend fully that the translation needs change in context of its use. So it can be updated more then just a few times.
Yiddish language status
- 4000 articles in Yiddish Wikipedia.
- 50,000 Mother tongue only Yiddish speakers worldwide, mainly in New York and Jerusalem. And more the a few hundredth thousand people who understand Yiddish but don't use it.
- Yiddish messages that is not translated is defaulting to Hebrew right now.