|How to start|
Translators can edit system messages and work on the localisation of any supported product. There are 9,757 translators at translatewiki.net, an automatically updated list of them can be found here.
Prerequisites • DO THIS FIRST - IT SAVES EVERYONE'S TIME !
- On this page you can request access rights to contribute to the localisation for any supported product.
- Make sure you are logged in.
- Make sure you have a user page, preferably with some useful information on it, like which language(s) you will be working on, and a link to the user page in your main wiki, or another location where you can be reached. Consider confirming your e-mail address.
- New requests are at the bottom of the page, and old ones are at the top. Please indicate the language you would like to translate into, and sign your name by using the button in the edit bar or adding ~~~~ at the end of your message.
- After you have translator rights, you can add your name to Translating:Languages.
- You only need to get translator rights once. When you are a translator for one language, you are able (and allowed if you understand the language) to translate in other languages as well.