Benutzer/Nutzer vs. Mitglied
From Portal talk:DeJump to navigation Jump to search
- Users are meant to be members of the community.
- Just readers are not named users.
- "Benutzer" as well as "Nutzer" fits "user" the best.
- "Mitglied" would fit members, which would describe the facts correct.
- "Benutzer" in German is grammatical male and a correct translation would be very long: Benutzerinnen und Benutzer
- "Mitglied" would be, in my opinion, a good gender neutral alternative.
- Other possibility: "Nutzende" means more or less "the using people".