Leute vs. Personen
From Portal talk:DeJump to navigation Jump to search
- "Leute" has in german a more friendly, private and common sound than "Personen" which is more used in official reports (missing persons, accidents, crime). * Many of the readers are one of these "Personen".
- iNaturalist is using people not persons - "translate not customize!"
- The intention of the english original is very obvious, when they use "person" in singular and "people" in plural (avoiding (!) "persons"): iNaturalist:X people like this/de (click edit to see the complete template).
- Most changes preferred words with Germanic root compared to the word with Latin root, here the other way around.
- According to dict "Leute" is used more often than "Personen" (~1700:~100).