Please allow Bengali-India (bn-in) translations to be contributed for the projects on translatewiki.net
Hello, An Indian Bengali (language code: bn, country code: in) version of translations have been followed for most of the Desktop/Application projects like GNOME, KDE, XFCE, Mozilla and others and having one for the projects on translatewiki.net will help us maintain the consistency across the interfaces.
I confirm I've read the request, and will grant it. There are some implications for MediaWiki's L10n that require a considerable amount of restructuring in the "bn" namespace. That's why it may take a while before I actually have the bandwidth to fix this.
Quick list of todos:
- Move all from /bn to /bn-BD in database
- Change all codes from bn to bn-BD in MediaWiki core and extensions
- Move core MessagesBn.php to MessagesBn_BD.php
- Add $fallback in MessagesBn.php to bn-BD
- Add bn-IN to MediaWiki, with $fallback to bn-BD
- Add blacklist on bn in twn settings
- Assess impact for other twn supported products and take appropriate action
All this needs to be done within as short a timespan as possible. All together I think it will take me about 4 hours.
I don't think it is necessary to create BN-BD or BN-IN for mediawikia. I am translating mediawiki in the last 4 years and i dont want this. I never seen any discussion about this in Wikipedia and we never need this. We should stay in BN.