bot edits to tg-latn

Jump to navigation Jump to search

bot edits to tg-latn

Hey. Great initiative. Few questions and remarks:

  • please use a bot use to make these edits. Just let me know what your bot account will be and I will provide it with the proper access rights.
  • are you certain the conversion algorithm was correct (I for one am not able to verify that)?
  • for now I have marked your edits to tg-latn as bot edits; after your bot account has been created, I'll assign those edits to your bot.
  • the bot edits do not count to your rally total (nice try though :P).
  • keep up the good work!
Siebrand10:52, 27 December 2009
Edited by another user.
Last edit: 08:05, 28 December 2009

I don't have a bot account now. If I created a bot account, it was not able to do such translating in that account. So I had to use my main account.

I tested it on zh-hans and zh-hant first, and I checked its translations manually and confirmed there was no obvious bug when it was run on other languages such as tg. (However there were two severe bugs which caused incomplete and/or untranslated messages to be posted, or existing messages to be overwritten when it was tested on zh. Although I fixed the bugs and changed the translations manually and carefully, I still doubt if there're few remaining mistakes in translations made during that time)

I ran it on other languages using the same algorithm and with correct conversion tables taken from MediaWiki attached to it. I think the translations must be correct now.

Besides, I should say sorry if I made translatewiki overloaded. Because I was about to leave to do something else, in order to increase editing speed, I started 50 threads to do edits... I would appreciate if you kept the number of edits < 100/min.

Liangent04:36, 28 December 2009

You didn't overload anything to my knowledge. Please keep them edits coming :)

Siebrand08:05, 28 December 2009
 

It seems it's difficult to reach 100/min here. I don't know where the bottle neck is, but when I edited at current speed, browsing translatewiki in browser on the same computer took a long time to load pages.

Liangent09:39, 28 December 2009
 

I created this bot script initially to avoid doing my translation twice manually between zh-hans and zh-hant, and I thought it could be a good idea to extend it to languages with more than one scripts (the languages which use LanguageConverter.php in MediaWiki which was initially written for zh). :)

Maybe I can send my bot script to you at some time so that you can check whether there's any bug in it.

Liangent04:48, 28 December 2009

Nah, no need to audit it. Please *do* create a bot account.

Siebrand08:06, 28 December 2009
 

I created User:Liangent-bot, but I cannot find any more languages with such a big amount of untranslated messages which can be converted from another script.

Liangent09:41, 28 December 2009

I gave the bot the proper bits.

Siebrand10:15, 28 December 2009

Please use the bot... Thanks.

Siebrand19:40, 31 December 2009