I just sent a message on the WMFR mailing list dedicated to languages and I will write a message in the next days on the Wikipedia in Occitan, Basque, Breton, Nourmande, and Créole mauricien (mfe, Incubator).
By the way, I collected some statistics about languages in France and languages linked to the French language, for languages known by MediaWiki.
- WP = Wikipedia in the language, wp=Wikipedia as Incubator project
- percentage = translation of MediaWiki core
- → = current fallback
Languages in France (14):
- [WP] [95%] Francique ripuaire ksh → de
- [WP] [94%] Catalan ca → ∅
- [WP] [87%] Alsacien gsw → de
- [WP] [87%] Francoprovençal frp → fr
- [WP] [83%] Occitan oc → ∅
- [WP] [83%] Basque eu → ∅
- [WP] [80%] Breton br → ∅
- [WP] [41%] Wallon wa → fr
- [WP] [14%] Corse co → it
- [WP] [23%] Haïtien ht → fr
- [WP] [18%] Picard pcd → fr
- [WP] [ 3%] Flamand occidental vls → nl
- [WP] [ 2%] Normand nrm (code non-officiel) → ∅
- [WP] [ 2%] Tahitien ty → fr
Languages linked to the French language (9):
- [WP] [79%] Malgache mg → fr
- [78%] Koyraboro senni ses → fr
- [WP] [37%] Wolof wo → fr
- [wp] [19%] Français cajun frc → fr
- [WP] [12%] Lingala ln → fr
- [wp] [11%] Créole mauricien mfe → ∅
- [WP] [10%] Peul/fulfude ff → fr
- [WP] [ 5%] Sango sg → fr
- [WP] [ 4%] Bambara bm → fr
Thanks! Let me know when the notifications are done (I would also like to write to all translators individually; I can do myself if you prefer). As for statistics, we always need improvement to the CLDR data if available.
ping :) I would like to add these fallbacks in the next few days.