(Redirected from Translating:Tasks)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is outdated (since 18 May 2018) and needs updating.
Here is a list of issues and feature requests. This is (yet) not a road map nor does it contain any big visions, but concrete bugs and feature requests as demonstration of what may be a priority for us.
Primarily for translatewiki.net
- P2 FEATURE: Add support for community instructions for a message group. Implement with editable page in the same namespace as the translations for the message group. Key name something like "translate-group-community-desc-group-id". Add this information below a "hr", just as the URL for groups. Display a message with a link to the forementioned page at all times.
- P2 FEATURE: Badges (or some kind of honours) for experienced and active translators
- P3 FEATURE: install some kind of nag feature that will randomly encourage users to validate their e-mail address
- P3 FEATURE: allow url config word in mediawiki-defines.txt. First try to match a current group name and then use that URL, if not, use the value as a URL
- P3 FEATURE: investigate http://joeyh.name/code/mr/ for repo scripts
- PX FEATURE: Make Special:TranslationStats able to walk across years e.g. .
- P1 Improve content of Help us, Translating:How to start etc. and make translatable pages where useful. More on translate-doc pad.
- Permanent backlog at Category:Open support requests for translatewiki.net.
- PX Inform language communities of the need for translation, especially where Group statistics are deteriorating.
- PX Run queries to list all users missing babels for projects and languages they translated and add them by bot with nice thanks in an informative edit summary.
Things potentially relevant for all users of Translate extension
- More ideas in a more verbose format at the March 2013 pad.
- P1: exhaustive documentation.
- P2 FEATURE: allow translation of messages in mediawiki namespace that belong to message groups
- P2 FEATURE: tool to track changes in English messages with web processing to enable 'incompatible with lower branch' tagging
- P2 FEATURE: allow easier access to translate to multiple languages (usually pairs like nl/nl-informal, de/de-formal, zh-hans/zh-hant, sr-ec/sr-el, etc.).
- P2 FEATURE: notifications for updated message groups (also on meta level)
- P3 FEATURE: install some kind of 'remind me' functionality that allows users to activate a 'nag me' feature that will send them e-mail
- P3 FEATURE: use text alignment to enhance translation memory.
- PX: allow direct links/filtering to the translation interface for one or more specific messages (like anchor links on tux=0, or prefix filtering on Special:AllMessages).
- See Roadmap/Gettext.
- WBN: interactive plural help
- detect if message uses plural
- alert the user about it
- provide previews of the translation with different numbers
Related extensions and other code
- See tracking bug 39480, "Bugs affecting translatewiki.net (errors from MediaWiki master)".
- translatewiki.net staff tracker (mainly special projects)