Translating talk:Language project/500claim
Hello, it works only for the domain name MediaWiki: and Mediawiki extensions ? What about Freecol: or Mantis: this offer work for them, thank's ? Mertyl 09:44, 26 December 2008 (UTC)
- We do not have any funding that allow us to give bounties for those products. But please do not get discouraged just because there is no monetary gain working on those products. You are actually helping all speakers of a language be able to more productively or functionally use those products. They are all completely free and open source. Cheers! Siebrand 09:53, 26 December 2008 (UTC)
Please donate my cut to the Wikimedia Foundation . --Santu 14:31, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
- Done Siebrand 18:11, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
Has anything happened? :-) ~ Aleksandrit 15:09, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- The same, any news? Leinad 20:02, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- Hoi, I am trying to find out how to transfer money to people outside Europe (EC) my bank indicates that this costs me EUR 16/18. I am trying to find alternate routes... If you have suggestions ... Thanks, GerardM 21:18, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- Paypal :P Imre 09:33, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- It is not transparant to me how this works. You pay to them, they get paid a percentage and there will still be a bankcharge by the bank(s) on either end ? So it is not clear at all to me how much is actually paid to the receiver. Thanks, GerardM 06:55, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
An e-mail has been sent to all users that indicated they would live to receive their cut themselves. This message will also be posted to their talk page somewhere this week. Siebrand 13:00, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
Fees take almost half of the money. I'd receive around 12€ (with huge amounts of luck) while the Wikimedia Foundation can have the whole 28€. Please repurpose my cut in donation for the Wikimedia Foundation. They have already changed my life :)--Fluence 05:58, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- This is/was indeed an unpleasant surprise for us too; or rather: we had anticipated few users to meet the eligibility requirements (no more than 20), which meant more would have remained... I moved your name from 'to me' to 'to WMF'. Siebrand 09:01, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
Communication to users with beneficiary 'self'
This e-mail has been sent to the 28 users with beneficiary 'self'. If for some reason you cannot reply by e-mail, reply using Special:EmailUser/Siebrand with subject "Re: Requesting payment details for collecting your Betawiki bounty".
Recently you contributed 500 or more translations to Betawiki during our end of year translation rally, which you helped make a great success.
We pledged 1,000 Euro to be divided among all users that would be able to reach the goal of 500 new translations in the given timeframe. In total 35 users reached this goal, which hugely exceeded our expectations.
You have indicated that you would like to receive your cut of the bounty (28.57 Euro, including transfer costs) in your bank account. There are two ways we can do this:
- We wire it to your PayPay account. This is the easiest and cheapest method if you live outside the European Union, but this is not available everywhere. If this is your preferred method of transfer, please reply to this e-mail stating your wiki name and the e-mail address you are using for your PayPal account. We expect the transfer costs to be about 1.5 Euro, which means you will receive about 27 Euro.
- We wire it to your bank account (or the bank account of a beneficiary of your choice). If this is your preferred method of transfer, or your only possible method of transfer, please read on.
Good to know: international money transfers are ridiculously expensive. We will be transferring money from a country in the European Union. Transfers to other EU countries are expected to cost less than 1 Euro (so you will receive 27.5 Euro or more). For other countries, transfer costs are *at least* 18 Euro (they will vary per country, we have no knowledge of the details). So you will receive 10.5 Euro or less, depending on your country.
We have looked into ways to reduce transfer costs, but have not been able to find any. If you choose to change the beneficiary from yourself to the Wikimedia Foundation, or Stichting Open Progress based on this information, please let us know, and we will change it according to your wishes.
We need the following information from you in reply to this e-mail (information will be treated confidentially and will be seen only by User:Siebrand to receive e-mails with information and reply to them and User:GerardM to make the actual payments):
- Your wiki name
- Your IBAN account number , or account number and national bank code, or account number and BIC code
- Your full real name to which the bank account is registered
- The home address to which the bank account is registered
This message will also be posted on your user talk page. If you fail to respond 18 February 2009, your cut of the bounty will be repurposed by Stichting Open Progress.
Thank you again for your continued support to Betawiki.
Cut to Wikimedia Foundation
Please donate my cut to the Wikimedia Foundation --Thearith 07:45, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
- Processed Siebrand 09:15, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
No details received?
I send my details, twice, to User:Siebrand, and still my name is in "No details received" section. And I have no reply. What else I can do? Put my details here? Lajsikonik 14:24, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- So did I and also no response.
— Danny B. 22:47, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
- The mails are in my mailbox. Sorry for the delays. I have been absorbed by work and daily twn business. I hope to be able to finish things this weekend. Siebrand 23:34, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
Hi, until today I haven't received the toll. Why? --Joe Taras 22:18, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
- It's OK! Payment is arrived!!! Thanx! --Joe Taras 12:17, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
payment still in progress
- I decide to wait another 6 months, add up to 2 years. :) - Gaoxuewei 10:26, 21 April 2011 (UTC)