|How to start|
Welcome to Betawiki!
Hi Slomox. Welcome to Betawiki! Please create a user page on which you describe which language(s) you will be working on. If you are going to be an active user here, please also add your name to the languages you will be working on. Before you can use Special:Translate, and Special:Magic, please request translator rights. If you have a wiki where a lot of translations have already been made, you can make an import request. Other useful pages are linked in the translatewiki.net menu that comes with this message.
Once you have started translating, your work will be committed to the standard product every few days. If you want to explicitely request your work to be added, please make a request for commit.
I wish you a productive and pleasant stay. Cheers! Siebrand 23:11, 16 March 2008 (UTC)
Please create a user page
Hi. Please create a user page with what you are working on here and make sure to add a link to your home wiki. Thanks. Cheers! Siebrand 28. elokuuta 2007 kello 13.39 (UTC)
- Thank you for your quick response. I hope you will have another productive episode here :) Cheers and lots of fun! Siebrand 28. elokuuta 2007 kello 13.51 (UTC)
Please do not translate messages that stay the same
Hi Slomox. Thank you for your contributions. Please do not translate messages that stay the same in the language you are localising as for example you did on MediaWiki:Nov/nds. I have removed the messages that were equal to English, as those will be taken from that language automatically. Cheers! Siebrand 06:34, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
- Thought it would be useful to let the people know, they are the same, and not just untranslated. But okay, I will not edit those. --Slomox 11:52, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
- I hope you don't mind my nosily butting in here, much less a year after the fact, but I couldn't agree more with Slomox here. I strongly disagree with this policy if it's still in effect. So much so that I will introduce some random minor tweak to defeat the restriction, if necessary. (Anybody know if an embedded null would do the trick? Or maybe an nbsp at the end?) Snakesteuben 11:14, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- As far as I know, this is no policy anymore. At least I don't care about it anymore and nobody is protesting ;-) It obviously has another flaw: If I don't create the message and the text will be taken from the English message file directly, that's okay for now. But what if the English message will change? That would affect the localization too. But the changed English message maybe won't be acceptable in the localization.
- So no need for workarounds. Just create messages, even if they are identical to the English one. --::Slomox:: >< 12:27, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- Indeed. Siebrand 13:19, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
Hi Slomox. I'd like to thank you for making the effort of translating so many strings to nds. In my opinion you are a true asset to your community. Keep up the good work! Cheers! Siebrand 23:18, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
Hi Slomox. Messages from nds-nl have been imported. Looking forward to your contributions to that language. Cheers! Siebrand 18:12, 19 March 2008 (UTC)
Reaching the target for MediaWiki most used core messages
As you probably know, in Betawiki, there is a group of MediaWiki messages considered essential for a minimum localization to any language. That group is called MediaWiki core message (most used). When a language reaches at a translation level of at least 98% of these messages, it is considered to have the essential localization. As of end of March, there were 95 of the 311 languages at this level and it would be great the increase that number further. As Nedersaksich is currently at 95.93%, very little effort would be needed to reach 98%, or even better, 100%. Therefore, I would like to invite you to complete the missing translations and make Nedersaksich be part of the list of essentialy localized languages.
Thanks for your attention and best regards, Malafaya 14:09, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
Re: funny fuzzy
- I'm aware of that, but neither English nor Low Saxon are in any way affected by this. Therefore it is a bit useless, that I have to (forced by this !!!fuzzy!!!) implement logical structures to handle illogical cases. --Slomox 16:44, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
Re: Serious display problems at LN Wikipedia
Hello Slomox Thank you for your help here: Import_requests/Archive/2008#ln_.28Lingala_.E2.80.93_Ling.C3.A1la.29 Unfortunately it did not help; worse: now the Wikisoftware was updated and the displaying probleams apear also at ln:wikipedia who was well before. You can see it at [:ln:Lok%C3%A1s%C3%A1_ya_libos%C3%B3] if you look just under the Wikipedia logo at the 3rd and the 5th line (the accent should be over the open o/e and not after)!!!
I think, now the problem becoms really serious, because it did not anymore concerne only betawiki, but started to destroi the ln.wikipedia (that is why I will post this message also at the support page Support#Serious_Problems_at_LN_Wikipedia, please answer there, that the discussion would be in one tread, thank you)
For information: discussion part one: Import_requests/Archive/2008#ln_.28Lingala_.E2.80.93_Ling.C3.A1la.29 other parts of the discussion: User_talk:Eruedin
--Etienne 20:59, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
Fuzzy messages, comparing previous English text
Thank you very, very much, for trying to help me here.
First, I seem to be of the dimmest users on this site, and I apologise for that. I hope you don't mind a follow-up question here.(Sorry for the suboptimal link, but I'm also too clueless to figure out the archive scheme and find the actual question.)
About: http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/phase3/languages/messages/MessagesEn.php?view=log, how does one search that?
For example, say I want to find the previous English text of this message: Ns-specialprotected (fy)? In that page's history, Fuzzybot's comment is: "Fuzzied. Simplified." My comment is: "Fuzzy? Looks fine to me!" because I don't see how the English is any "simpl[er]" than the existing translation.
I snagged the "download" link at the top of the MessagesEn.php page, hoping I could search the revisions offline, but of course, since you--unlike me--know what that is, you know that was no help. (That's not a question, BTW.) Same result for pasting ns-specialprotected into "sticky revision." It spits back a number 38351, but the highest number I can see is 38347. Yeah, OK, there's probably an obvious box marked "search" that I'm missing somewhere. Again, sorry.
Failing that, I also tried google, like this. Is there somewhere I could point the "site:" parameter where this latter strategy might actually work--at least for older revisions? (Funny, though, not even the root site:svn.wikimedia.org returns any hits with that query.)
Thanks for your time. Snakesteuben 10:56, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- SVN is not really made for searching, unfortunately, as I already indicated in my post on Support (but it can be hard to find the exact corresponding diff for an change). I don't know of any easy method for searching specific diffs. My quick solution: FuzzyBot fuzzied the message on April 2. So you have to look for diffs of MessagesEn.php that predate April 2, 10:47. Changes of early April can be found on archive page 6. Fifteen minutes before "April 2, 10:47" there is a change with the summary "Simpler wording for two messages": . That's the one we are searching for. It's an annoying mess, but I don't know any easier method to find a specific diff. --::Slomox:: >< 12:19, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- Re: Fifteen minutes before "April 2, 10:47" there is a change with the summary "Simpler wording for two messages"
- Excellent! Thank you so much. I didn't realise/grok on the fact fuzzybot was unleashed soon after a message was updated. That time tip will make this doable, in many cases at least.
- Would it be appropriate for me to request an enhancement/change somewhere to suggest that previous English text messages be archived here on this site? At least the penultimate version of the message?
- Snakesteuben 18:30, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
Thanks again for all your help and advice. In the mean time, I've used the export tool and posted the results. That gives me a baseline to start from. From time to time I plan to export again, diff into a file, and post the contents of that file. *shrug* Don't yet know how well that will work, but it will certainly be easy to search. :-) Snakesteuben 22:39, 7 August 2008 (UTC)
Requesting payment details for collecting your Betawiki bounty
Dear Slomox. You recently indicated that you would like to have your cut from the Betawiki end of year translation transferred to you. You have been send an e-mail today requesting details. In case you may not have received this e-mail, details are available. In case you have any unpaid bounties from the language project, these will be transferred to you too. Cheers! Siebrand 13:17, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
Moin Slomox. Kiek ens op mien Översetten, ik heb dor bestimmt Fehlers in makt. Dank Di.
- Ik heff dor röverkeken un dat verbetert. Dat is gewiss good meent, aver mi is dat lever, wenn du dat nich deist un ik dat sülvst översett. --::Slomox:: >< 21:04, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, dann lot ik dat blieven, un heb Tied för anner Saken. :-) --Purodha Blissenbach 22:17, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Fragen||3||17:37, 20 August 2011|
|Flagged Revs glossary||1||22:05, 7 February 2011|
Moin, dat deit mi leed, di hier to stören, man ik heff en poor Fragen. Un twaars, woans dat allens hier löppt, ik stieg noch nich dörachtern, woans dat mit de Översetten nau funktschoneert. Ik will vör allens bi de Gootsche Wikipedia de Översetten maken un natürlich ok för unse Spraak. Man gifft dat hier en Sied, wo nau beschreven warrt, wat dat hier geiht? Ik verstah nich dat Interface vun en Översetten un wat dit FUZZY ween schall. Ik weer di wirklich dankbar, wenn du mi dör so 'n beten ruthelpen künnst. Ik finn hier jichtenswo keen Sied, de dat man so richtig verklaren deit.
En Sied, de dat genau beschrifft, de kenn ik ok nich.
FUZZY bedüüdt, dat de Originalnaricht sik ännert hett, nadem de översett worrn is, un dat de Översetten nakeken warrn mutt, wat de noch passt. Dat FUZZY musst du rutnehmen, wenn du de Naricht nee översettst oder wenn de Översetten jümmer noch stimmt.
Un wenn ik bi en Statusnaricht en Översetten ingeev, denn warrt dat ok glieks bi de Wikipedia wiest? Oder gifft dat noch so Twüschenschritten?? Bi de Gootsch-Översetten warrt nämlich nix anwiest.
Two years ago you wrote the excellent glossary at Translating talk:Flagged Revs extension. The extensions evolved in the time that has passed since then and some messages in the table are outdated. Could you please update it? It will help me improve the Hebrew translation, which is very inconsistent now. I improved the internal structure of the table a little, but i didn't change any content significantly.
I have no insight or expertise in FlaggedRevs and the developments it underwent in the past two years. I only created the list because I was clueless about the messages myself. So I don't feel entitled to improve the list. Ideally that should be done by a person who has actual knowledge about FlaggedRevs.