In this message and related ones (Mantis:Codev-053672-CodevTT support management ; Mantis:Codev-afd587-Support included ; Mantis:Codev-72127d-No Support), what is the context of "support"? Technical support (a form of help), software support (as in drivers, APIs, etc.), physical media?
backslash presented for translation in translatewiki.net when message holds trailing spaces
Mantis messages presented in translatewiki.net recieve an additional backslash which is not present in the original ENglish string when this one has trailing blanks. The back slash is not translated. Please correct the EN string or adapt the output format. Concerned messages:
Backlog should not be set if status is : \
There should be no timetracks on "new" issues \
What would you suggest ? SideTasks are a CodevTT specific type of task, the sentence is followed by a list of task names.
I see. Mantis:Codev-5440db-These are sample sideTasks, yo/qqq mentions that the term is special and can be translated as long as the lowerCamelCase format is kept. It may be useful for translators to be given some more information on what a sideTask is, to translate the term. (If the term is frequent, however, better link a glossary from Translating:MantisBT rather than edit many qqq messages perhaps?)
- ("Derive par rapport au BI+BS")
- ("Bilan mensuel (nbre de fiches / status à la fin du mois)")
- ("Bilan mensuel SAUF SuiviOp.")
Bumping? As both("Bilan mensuel SAUF SuiviOp.") and ("Bilan mensuel (nbre de fiches / status à la fin du mois)") still exist.
Also a new francophone sentense:("Desirez-vous vraiment supprimer definitivement cette date ?")
Typo: 'mantis' -> 'Mantis'
On https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Mantis:Codev-67070f-Days_spent_on_sideTasks,_excep/fr, once more, in spite of an explicit revert with an message ("Comme en anglais, "Nombre" est une précision inutile, quant à une abréviation..."), you uploaded once more the defect text message. Please don't import if the text has been changed later, especially if it's a revert with a cause. Those cases should be handled manually. Otherwise remove the project from translatewiki: it just makes no sense!
Cedric31, FuzzyBot only brings on the wiki the edits which have been made on the software repository. Can you tell us which edits are you talking about, so that we can warn the developers?
The original message has a wrong capitalization "Logged" should be "logged".
I'm told that the translation was switched to another of the MantisBT branches. I don't know what messages changed in the original and what happened to translations; some translations might have been synchronised incorrectly.
Since no developer seems to be editing language files, it should be safe to reinstate whatever translation you consider more correct, in order to have it exported to the actual software.
> I'm told that the translation was switched to another of the MantisBT branches
For the record, this occured when MantisBT 1.3.0 went live and we created a new master-1.3.x branch to support the new stable release, while the master branch moved on with new development towards 2.0 release. TranslateWiki was previously configured to update master, but we did not inform you of the change in a timely fashion.
All translation updates should go to the master-1.3.x branch. The MantisBT dev team does not commit anything to language files, other than the original strings_english.txt.
Please note that your contributions to the following are all reverted due to some reasons. For details, please refer to my edit summaries.
- Mantis:S email notification title for action bug submitted/ko
- Mantis:S account reset protected msg/ko
- Mantis:S signup done title/ko
- Mantis:S email notification title for status bug new/ko
- Mantis:S workflow change access label/ko
- Mantis:MANTIS ERROR\x5bERROR GPC ARRAY UNEXPECTED\x5d/ko
- Mantis:S email notification title for action bug updated/ko
- Mantis:S new account signup msg/ko
- Mantis:S new account greeting/ko
- Mantis:MANTIS ERROR\x5bERROR LOST PASSWORD MAX IN PROGRESS ATTEMPTS REACHED\x5d/ko
- Mantis:S email notification title for status bug assigned/ko
- Mantis:MANTIS ERROR\x5bERROR PROJECT NAME NOT UNIQUE\x5d/ko
- Mantis:S reproducibility enum string/ko
- Mantis:S realname updated/ko
- Mantis:S product version/ko
- Mantis:S email notification title for action bugnote submitted/ko
- Mantis:S email notification title for action bug reopened/ko
- Mantis:S superfluous/ko
- Mantis:S plugin MantisGraph window width/ko
- Mantis:S check report more bugs/ko
- Mantis:S reset password msg/ko
- Mantis:S password emailed msg/ko
- Mantis:MANTIS ERROR\x5bERROR PLUGIN NOT REGISTERED\x5d/ko
- Mantis:S email notification title for status bug resolved/ko
- Mantis:S account reset msg/ko
- Mantis:S email notification title for status bug closed/ko
- Mantis:S email notification title for action bug assigned/ko
- Mantis:S email notification title for action bug deleted/ko
- Mantis:S set status assigned/ko
- Mantis:S email notification title for status bug confirmed/ko
- Mantis:S api token displayed once/ko
Today I fixed a bug in MantisBT that caused dynamic parameters to be replaced in the wrong sequence for Timeline events.
The issue was caused by a missing '$' sign in the sprintf parameter format (e.g. '%1s' instead of '%1$s') (see the commit on Github for full details on the change).
When updating the translations, please make sure to add the missing '$' sign after the parameter's number, for all s_timeline_* language strings .
Thanks in advance
- to truncate: to shorten something as if by cutting off part of it.
- Refer to Issue History: Take a look at the history of the issue if you really need to compile a full list, i.e. a full list can be derived from the issue history.
I started translating the missing pieces of MantisBT into Danish, and found that all instances of "issue" has been consistently translated to "fejl" which means "bug" or "error" in English. MantisBT is a bug tracking system, but there is nowhere the mention of "bug" anywhere in the strings, they are all "issue" instead. As I understand it, this is because MantisBT these days are used for other things than bugs.
So in Danish (and any other language) we should probably translate "issue" instead of "bug". Here are the possibilities for Danish and their best translation back to English:
- udstede=to issue a book
I don't like any of the above. They don't really convey the meaning.
Can I instead translate it as "sag" which means "case" in English. Doesn't that convey the meaning better than any of the above? Or is there some other English word besides "issue" that would translate better into Danish?
You can use one of report or ticket which may be even more neutral than issue.
 A report is a work made with the specific intention of relaying information or recounting certain events in a presentable form.
Could someone confirm whether MantisB supports PLURAL? If so, could you make some notes concerning plural on the project page:
- Do all messages support plural or do individual messages need to have plural enabled on them?
- Which plural format is used?
- What is the syntax for writing plural?
- Provide a link to the project plural rules, in both narrative and code form, if a custom plural.