|How to start|
Welcome to Betawiki!
Hi Chinneeb. Welcome to Betawiki! Please create a user page on which you describe which language(s) you will be working on. If you are going to be an active user here, please also add your name to the languages you will be working on. Before you can use Special:Translate, and Special:Magic, please request translator rights. If you have a wiki where a lot of translations have already been made, you can make an import request. Other useful pages are linked in the translatewiki.net menu that comes with this message.
Once you have started translating, your work will be committed to the standard product every few days. If you want to explicitely request your work to be added, please make a request for commit.
I wish you a productive and pleasant stay. Cheers! Meno25 10:55, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
Hi, I saw "Peripheral Mongolian" on Translating:Language project/languages. If it is different from Mongolian used in Mongolia, I would like to ad khk (Halh Mongolian) or mon for both of them. --Chinneeb 10:49, 14 March 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Chinneeb. Great to see you here. I am not able to give you a proper answer to your question. Making the language list, I chose the Mongolian variant with the most speakers. Please check which language it is at the moment if you are able to. "mon" with not be used as a code, as it is not unsed in ISO-639. Using macro-languages for a localisation is also a bad idea. So we do need clarity on this issue. I hope you can provide it... Cheers! Siebrand 11:01, 14 March 2008 (UTC)
- Btw, I have already given you translator right, so you do not have to request them, but please wait with adding translations until we have determined which language you will be localising in exactly :) Cheers! Siebrand 11:03, 14 March 2008 (UTC)
- Cant we just use ISO 639-1 and mn? --Chinneeb 11:04, 14 March 2008 (UTC)
Yes, we use it. But it may take longer than one minute before we respond. Naming a particular user usually helps, as this results in a sounds being played. Cheers! Siebrand 09:11, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
Plural checks needed for 'mn'?
Hi. Quick question: I see a lot of plural warnings on Translating:Localization checks for 'mn'. Does your language not use plural forms with numbers? If not, please let me know, and I will disable the checks. Cheers! Siebrand 10:09, 20 April 2008 (UTC)
- Yes. Ex, for the sentence "5 apples", we would translate it as "5 apple"/5 алим --Chinneebtalk 10:05, 21 April 2008 (UTC)
Please consider confirming your e-mail address
Dear Chinneeb. Our records show that you have not confirmed your e-mail address. This means that other users cannot contact your by e-mail, and that you will not receive our periodic newsletter once every one or two months. If you mean to be an active contributor on Betawiki, we strongly advise you to confirm your e-mail address. The below steps describe how you can do that.
You can confirm your e-mail address as follows:
- go to your preferences
- fill out a valid e-mail address in the field behind "E-mail"
- save your preferences; an e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address you submitted
- check your e-mail. The e-mail contains a URL you should click to confirm your e-mail address.
Thank you for considering this. Cheers! Betawiki Staff 17:15, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
Bounty claim invalid (for now)
Hi. Your bounty claim is invalid. One of the requirements is that contributions to MediaWiki extensions *only* count if your language has 90% or more on MediaWiki core. Mongolian currently has 381 of 2359 MediaWiki core messages untranslated (85% translated). You will have to translate 5% of MediaWiki core (or about 116 messages) from MediaWiki core before you are eligible for your cut. I'm sorry, but those are the rules. Cheers! Siebrand 19:24, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- Great work. Thank you for your contributions. Siebrand 10:44, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
Finalising the Translation Rally - requesting payment details
Hi! We have begun finalising the latest Translation Rally in which you have participated and were eligible for a part of the bounty - thank you for your contributions! You have indicated that you want to have your cut (EUR 27,77) transferred to you. You have been be sent an e-mail today requesting details. In case you may not have received this e-mail, details are available. Cheers! Siebrand 18:24, 7 September 2009 (UTC)