|How to start|
Welcome to Betawiki!
Hi Habj. Welcome to Betawiki! Please create a user page on which you describe which language(s) you will be working on. If you are going to be an active user here, please also add your name to the languages you will be working on. Before you can use Special:Translate, and Special:Magic, please request translator rights. If you have a wiki where a lot of translations have already been made, you can make an import request. Other useful pages are linked in the translatewiki.net menu that comes with this message.
Once you have started translating, your work will be committed to the standard product every few days. If you want to explicitely request your work to be added, please make a request for commit.
I wish you a productive and pleasant stay. Cheers! Siebrand 23:19, 16 March 2008 (UTC)
- Dear Habjchen! This message is used at "translatewiki.net" only. The English text has changed. Please keep an eye on the message in English and please update the Swedish message if necessary. Thanks in advance! Best regards user:Gangleri – G - ג · T · w:en: Th · T 19. toukokuuta 2006 kello 21.07 (EEST)
- Dear Habjchen! translatewiki.net is live for more then a year and I was thinking at a way to show what people work on internationalization. At some point in time there will be eaven more people here and nobody would know about the accounts from the past. Many of the people participating in i18n do neither receive some help or goidance nor are they using IRC or skype. I hope there is more documentation available now then some weeks ago when you started. People may look at others peoples talk page searching for help or looking what other did. Feel free to remove the category or make another / a better proposal. Thanks for all your work! Best regards G - ג · T · w:en: Th · T 25. toukokuuta 2006 kello 22.58 (EEST)
- That is a good point. Would you please write a sentence or two? I am actualy cleaning "MessagesTr.php" need to mass import later some other languages as "MessagesSq.php", archive old mass imports, need to talk with more people and finaly need to have also some sleep. Any help is wellcome. Best reagards G - ג · T · w:en: Th · T 25. toukokuuta 2006 kello 23.55 (EEST)
Request to remove translator rights (moved from Support)
I'm requesting that the user priviliges of User:M.M.S. be removed. He has a long history of "translating" to languages he does now know, using dictionaries and online resources. People keep asking him to stop - see his talk. Yet, he continues. We are dealing with an 11 year old kid here, and we don't want to be mean. Still, let's face it. His translations to Swedish ARE NOT GOOD, and he does not understand it. A little bit of no good translations can be an instigation to make other start working, but a huge pool of worthless crap only makes people with skills turn the other way. // habj 00:40, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- This is wrong, I'm 12 years. M.M.S. 05:54, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Habj, and Max. The exact age of someone is not that important. The quality of someone's work and knowledge of own skills are. In less public conversations I have indicated to Max that I think he has a lot of energy and that is great in these kinds of projects. He does not however, in my view, yet posess the ability to judge his own skills all that properly. This has lead me to strongly suggest to him that he sticks with the native language Swedish. I will check his recent contributions right after finishing this reply, and if something needs to be dealt with, I will do so.
- Aside from the actions I can take as a staff member, I would like to urge you (not only you personally, but as a Swedish translation community on Betawiki) to work together and try to leverage the individual qualities of the translators. This will help improve the overall quality of the results for Swedish. So if you see something that Max does that could do better, let him know. Exactly because he is 12, he will probably not know everthing. You could also agree to bring some kind of structure to the work you are doing as translators, reviewing each other's work. Anyway, lots of ideas. Please think about it. We want to keep an inclusive attitude at Betawiki, not an exclusive one. Cheers! Siebrand 06:33, 11 June 2008 (UTC)