Enable aae: Arbërisht
Hi, I can do the configuration, but I have a few questions:
- Other than the Wikipedia Incubator, are there any books or websites in this language?
- Are there any books online about this language, for example a grammar book or a dictionary?
Hi! Sorry for the late reply. In the meanwhile we created over 200 articles. Now we need to translate the interface.
There are a lot of sources, I hope this selection will suffice:
- Grammar book: Grammatica della lingua arbereshe from Gaetano Gerbino
- Dictionary: Fjalori Arbërisht-Italisht I Horës Së Arbëreshëvet by Gaetano Gerbino
- Online library of Priest Antonio Bellusci
- Periodical Lidhja, with 56 editions
- Periodical Dita jote
- (Educational) Books:
- Udha e Mbare by Salvatore Sciascia (2001)
- Canti Sacri by Giuseppe Schiro (1907)
- Everyday Arberesh by Martin Di Maggio (2013)
Thanks. I've enabled it.
If I understand correctly, you want to create a Wikipedia in it, so I've put a list of recommended projects for translation on your user page. Start from the top one, "Most important". Completing them is one of the conditions for creating a domain.
Even though it's not a requirement, I also recommend reading and translating the basic glossary: Translating:MediaWiki/Basic glossary.
I used "arbërisht" for the language name, which is what appears in the dictionary and on the request for creating the Wikipedia on Meta. Ethnologue suggests "Tarbrisht", but I didn't see it anywhere else, so I was reluctant to use it. If you think that "arbërisht" should be changed, let me know.
Good luck :)