Translating talk:New project
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|About headings of Translations:Translating:New project||2||13:06, 25 May 2015|
|Project management||1||20:29, 17 July 2012|
|Page layout||5||21:17, 3 July 2010|
Thanks for your report. I can not reproduce this issue, and have closed it.
I propose that we set up a new page as a resource for the developers and project managers of both potential new projects and existing ones.
Target audience: Project developers and managers, also providing translators with understanding of project management and communication mechanisms.
Suggested page name: Translating:Project management
Suggestions for possible content are:
- Link to project list and new project page – possibly using navbox.
- Guidance on project management
- Main management tool is the project page and its talk page. Contains information useful to both project managers and translators including statistics, name of translatewiki.net coordinator for the project, details of how to contact the project itself, and who to contact. The project talk page is usually the best place for translators to leave queries on the messages. If no answers forthcoming try direct contact with the project. Notes on translation flow. Localisation threshold.
- Things which contribute to efficient and good quality localisation: good communication between translatewiki.net and the project, good documentation. Speedy appearance of translations in the project releases. If possible a link to software release notes/logs so that translators can check on progress.
- Good documentation. Explanation of how qqq pages work, and what information they contain.
- Adaptation of English originals. Translators are used to suggesting improvements to messages and corrections to grammar in the source messages, as they are spotted during translation. Translators also propose the addition of PLURAL and GRAMMAR support to a message where needed. Proposals for amending MediaWiki messages are posted on Support. Proposals for amending messages for other projects are posted on the project talk page at translatewiki.net or on the project website.
- Guidance on i18N and l10n. Links to advice on other websites (eg ). Examples of common problems, linking to support archive.
Something not quite right with the current page layout. Text next to icons is squashed into a narrowish column, leaving lots of blank space on the right hand side of the page.
Screenshot and browser info appreciated. Mind that I don't particularly care about issues with resolutions smaller than 1024*768.
Am using Firefox 3.6.4 but on a laptop computer. Will do screenshot ASAP.
Last edit: 21:17, 3 July 2010
I can only reproduce it if I set my screen width well below 1024, or enlarge the font at 1024. I will not spend time on making this behave differently, but feel free to fiddle with a copy of the page and propose a change.