- User talk:Nike/Archive_to_2007-04-02
- User talk:Nike/Archive_to_2008-07-18
- User talk:Nike/Archive_to_2008-12-06
- User talk:Nike/Archive_to_2010-01-01
Language names in local language
Hi, I'm contributing to the translations in Tamil language. I find that the names used for langiuages are incorrect and I want to rectify this. It is similar to the problem discussed at here. I searched MediaWiki translations and I'm not sure where exactly I've to make changes. Could you please help? thanks.--செல்வா 16:23, 30 April 2011 (UTC) (I go by the first name Selva).
- For example the names of the languages in my language here. Where should I make the changes to correct the names and to add local names for the untranslated/transliterated names? --செல்வா 16:47, 30 April 2011 (UTC)
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Help!||0||06:54, 27 November 2018|
|MediaWiki:Babel-1/sr||3||20:00, 11 October 2018|
|Did you notice this update?||1||18:50, 7 September 2018|
|Update to "About" page||3||15:56, 5 June 2018|
|Deleting gadgets||3||12:15, 3 June 2018|
|Phabricator||7||18:33, 5 May 2018|
|CSD||1||06:38, 8 March 2018|
|Translation administrator||0||12:13, 20 January 2018|
|Puuttuvia käännöksiä iNaturalist.org -sivustolla||0||18:29, 14 January 2018|
|Rename request||0||16:56, 17 December 2017|
|INaturalist||0||13:25, 23 November 2017|
|CitationHunt||3||11:16, 23 November 2017|
|Messages to be deleted||0||13:35, 6 July 2017|
|Please help to set up five language of Indigenous Taiwanese||0||05:38, 25 April 2017|
|Importing offline Translations||0||04:43, 25 January 2018|
|Broken link to GSoC project and unparsed span tag||0||20:39, 22 December 2016|
|Requests for languages or projects||1||14:55, 4 November 2016|
|Translator rights||0||19:10, 28 October 2016|
|Kiitos paljon!||0||21:56, 12 October 2016|
|Help needed with Commons Android app||0||14:45, 21 September 2016|
Hi! Can you take a look on this thread on the Support page, please? Thanks in advance!
Hi again! İ saw your answer, but then, if it doesn’t need updating and it doesn’t even exist, why on my userpage and in other inclusions of this template on Wikipedia still appears the old text (Овај корисник разуме српски / srpski језик на основном нивоу.)? Can you tell me where should İ also update the template in order to see the changes done? Please answer as soon as possible when you can.
That will take some time. It depends on we update the code that runs translatewiki.net. There is no fixed schedule for that, but usually multiple times per month.
Hi Nike, can you please review the segment in bold below of the sentence "In 2012 the Wikimedia Foundation Language team worked on a project called Translation UX in which the translatewiki.net main page and our translation interface were reimplemented with a modern, designed and user tested versions."?
I can see it is unclear. Feel free to improve it. What I am trying to say is that the new designs were created by a professional designer.
You’ve deleted a bunch of gadgets. I used two of them,
translate-hidemenu. Neither of them is unused, nor even replacable. There is clearly no gadget for purging a page, especially a translation statistics page (which is needed from time to time). There is a button to hide the sidebar on the translation page, which could one call a replacement, but it’s not: the gadget hid the sidebar automatically on every page load, while the built-in hiding makes it initially visible. It’s just not OK for me to being forced to one more click on every translation page load. If the rest is as “unused” as these two, then revert all deletions, but the two is not unused for sure—you can’t even say I edit so rarely that it’s nearly unused: I’ve had 900 edits only this year, over 9000 in total. And you have deleted them so accurately that I can’t even copy them over to my common.js, which would be a very bad practice even if I could do so.
I was relying on Special:UserOptionStats – maybe it has a bug since it showed no users.
Anyway it's not a big deal, I can restore the clock. Do you think you could do without translate-hidemenu if I made the expanded/collapsed state remember state between page loads?
The bug may be that it converts the preference to lower case before querying it—Special:UserOptionStats/gadget-UTCLiveClock’s output uses lower case. However, Special:UserOptionStats/gadget-translate-hidemenu shows that one user (me) uses this gadget. However, not the implementation is important, just the behavior, so if it remembers my choice not only between page loads, but also between sessions (i.e. it uses a hidden preference or the local storage), it’s OK for me.
Hello.Looks like there are already translations in Phabricator. When will translations we do here appear on that web site?Thanks
Once you have translated enough to meet the export threshold, it can take a couple of weeks.
It is very bad to work on translating many messages and then translations do not appear.How much is the export threshold?Thank you
The exports threshold is given in Translating:Phabricator. I don't control what happens after exporting, but I will ask about the status.
If 1% is translated, will it appear after two weeks?This did not happen with other languages.Why are not these languages exported?
delete.py. Sorry for the wrong
peedy deletion requested summary; I missed an "S" there obviously.
Which language? Latest update was four hours ago: https://github.com/eggpi/citationhunt/commits/master/chstrings
The site is available in 24 languages but is already translated into additional languages.Please add the rest of the languages.Thank you
I tried importing offline translated files but now it's not working , would it be possible for you to check. I had also mailed you but seems like you were in vacation that time due to new year / xmas time.
I'd be grateful if you could look at it.
Hello, sir. I just wanted to bring to your notice a few problems in your User page. It seems that the link to your GSoC project has become broken. Could you please fix it ? Also in the "Short history of translatewiki.net" section a span tag seems to be unmatched and is rendered as plain text. BTW, thanks for creating translatewiki !
Last edit: 15:22, 22 June 2016
Here is the list you asked some days ago.
Requests for new languages with info seemingly provided:
- Thread:Support/Add_Cree_languages (crj) [requested input, unclear script]
- Thread:Support/Please_support_"jv-java" [requested input]
- Thread:Support/español_nicaragüense [requested input]
- Thread:Support/Request_language_-_Sindarin [rejected, fictional]
- Thread:Support/Request_for_Fala_language_(fax) (choose a fallback) [being added]
- Thread:Support/request_for_new_language [being added]
- Thread:Support/please_enable_the_Portal:Cpx [requested input, patch submitted]
- Thread:Support/Lule_Saami_(smj)_translation_project [being added]
- Thread:Support/New_language:_en_The_Talossan_language_/_tzl_El_ghleþ_Talossan [rejected, fictional]
- Thread:Support/Second_time_asking_to_re-open_the_Gothic_translation_interface (formerly enabled) [export re-enabled]
- Thread:Portal_talk:Bft/request_for_this_language [duplicate]
Languages with script issues etc.:
- Thread:Support/Request_for_a_new_language:_Kaikavian_literary_language (formal variant?)
- Thread:Support/Support_for_lad-hebr_on_Ladino_Wikipedia (info request)
- Thread:Support/_iso_639-3_iso_639-3_–_iso_639-3_request_for_Sylheti_language_&_keyboard_on_translatewiki_(2) (some information potentially missing)
Requests for new projects not explicitly discarded yet:
- Thread:Support/Former_WMF_app_now_community-maintained,_where_to_crowdsource_localization? (quite active app, formerly supported)
- Thread:Support/Gamepedia (on GitHub, now supported)
- Thread:Support/New_translation_project_proposal (~500 strings, active commits, they have qqq)
- Thread:Support/New_Project:_Mantisbt_Plugin(s) (we already have one)
- Thread:Support/Adding_Miga_to_Translatewiki.net (will do string extraction if twn is interested)
- Thread:Support/Add_Moodle-plugin_to_translatewiki.net (~40 strings)
Requests for projects in need of FFS:
Sorry to bother you. But I need your help to review my situation.
For years I am one of the most active translators in European Portuguese. I corrected some changes made without consensus by other Portuguese colleague.
Another sysop came and decided to remove my translator rights without any warning. He said he wll review the situation in months or years (!). Meanwhile, wrong changes are being made and many other messages are waiting for translation and proofreading.
As one of the editors who contributed most in this project in this language (as you can see by statistics and contributions history), I kindly ask you to review this and give me back my translator rights to make corrections and continue working.