Statistics and dumps
It seems that the newest statistics and dumps linked are from 2015 or so, some are older. Are the links out of date, or there are indeed no resources of this kind newer than that? --Basetalkcontributions 18:01, 28 February 2023 (UTC)
- There isn't. Our main statistics are not based on the dumps. What would you need? Nike (talk) 05:10, 1 March 2023 (UTC)
- I don't think that the user said that statistics were based on these dumps. He said that there are no link to historic statistics maintained since about 2015, and no link to newer dumps on this FAQ page.
- It may be true, however the FAQ is not the proper place to put statistics and dumps, it shuold just link to a summary page showing those links (including links to the most recent versions of these data). There's a Translating:Statistics page, but it does not give those info except basic statistics about the global wiki activity (pointing to Special:Statistics which is updated live), not much about the content or its history.
- For Mediawiki translations, there were updates in Category:MediaWiki_statistics but most of these pages have not been renewed since long. Only a few basic statistics are maintained, listing the history of languages supported when they were added.
- My opinion is that most contents are about the translated projects themselves, and they have their own exports from this wiki to their external repository, and that projects manage their history there, as part of their development-test-deployment-maintenance cycle. Beside that, this wiki has local history on individual pages (including individual translation units), but this is probably not the user expects as he'd like to have a more global view: project pages show live statistics since the last 3 months about their activity. And there are live completion statistics in the Translate UI, without focusing on the historic data: do we really need data about much older dates? Verdy p (talk) 08:01, 1 March 2023 (UTC)
- To put is simple "FAQ#Are there statistics on translatewiki.net?" section is outdated, and I would like to see it updated. I don't have any specific things I would like to look at at the moment though. For my own needs if I ever have any the most useful thing would probably be a TWN instance of Quarry, as usually I am interested to know too niche things to bother someone with them, but that is besides the point when it comes to the FAQ :) --Basetalkcontributions 09:09, 6 April 2023 (UTC)
Outdated instructions (I believe)
FAQ refers to 'the "Ask for more information" link at the bottom of the "Documentation"/"In other languages" sidebar next to the translation editor'. I found the link but I suspect the sidebar referred to is something from a prior interface. The link is not in anything I'd call a "sidebar". - Jmabel (talk) 07:26, 21 December 2023 (UTC)