Add MediaWiki Extensions from github to translation
We decided long ago that we are not going to do this. We just don't have resources to handle hundreds of extensions individually.
In WMF repos:
- We automatically have push and merge rights
- The repository paths follow a pattern
- The list of available repositories is automatically updated
- We can easily find the developers of the extension and use bugzilla
- We can do i18n review of the code in Gerrit
- There is single repo the users will use and get the latest translations
- Someone else can continue maintaining the extension without forking
- One command to update, export and commit all extensions at once.
- We need to ask push and merge permissions
- We need to manually configure our repo(create|update|export|commit) scripts
- We have to follow yet another place to do code review and report issues
- Someone might fork the repository and we don't even know
- No unified notification of new commits like we do with mediawiki-commits
Some of these issues are fixable, some of them are not. We highly recommend to stay in WMF repos because then we can provide your extension good l10n service.
the point is that the new WMF repo with gerrit is to "slow" and to complicated for me.
Just out of curiosity (i.e.not a suggestion): Could not a maintainer of an extension hosted at GitHub take these tasks?