|How to start|
|In other languages||English • Afrikaans • العربية • asturianu • azərbaycanca • Boarisch • български • روچ کپتین بلوچی • বাংলা • bosanski • català • čeština • Deutsch • Zazaki • Ελληνικά • español • euskara • فارسی • français • galego • Alemannisch • ગુજરાતી • עברית • magyar • Հայերեն • interlingua • Bahasa Indonesia • Interlingue • italiano • 日本語 • ქართული • کھوار • ភាសាខ្មែរ • 한국어 • Ripoarisch • lietuvių • latviešu • македонски • Bahasa Melayu • Nāhuatl • norsk bokmål • polski • português • русский • සිංහල • slovenčina • slovenščina • Soomaaliga • shqip • српски / srpski • српски (ћирилица) • srpski (latinica) • svenska • తెలుగు • ไทย • Türkçe • українська • Tiếng Việt • walon • 中文（简体） • 中文（繁體）|
Hi Dineshjk. Welcome to translatewiki.net! Please create a user page on which you describe which language(s) you will be working on. Before you can use Special:Translate, please request translator rights. You should also check the portal for your language, the link is in the sidebar. Other useful pages are linked in the translatewiki.net menu that comes with this message.
Your translations are transferred to the standard product every few days or every few weeks depending on the product. Please notice that it may take longer before you see your translation in the actual product. It can be just a few days before they appear on Wikipedia, but a few months can pass between each new release of FreeCol.
We wish you a productive and pleasant stay. Please leave any questions on Support. Cheers!
Babel extension on Betawiki
Hoi, we are implementing the Babel extension here on translatewiki.net. Would you be so kind and localise it for us in Gujarati. Thanks, GerardM 10:11, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
Translation of /qqq
You should not translate the /qqq pages, they are supposed to be in English so all translators can read them. Thanks! MinuteElectron 12:05, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
- It's alright, everyone makes mistakes. I have reverted the pages already. Thank you for your concern. RobertL 17:36, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
Hi Dineshbhai, Good that you started tranlating here, and with your perfect grammer there won't be anything going wrong that's what I am confident of. Sorry to edit your translations, but if there is something which is going to remain unchanged in Gujarati, like $1, etc. no need to translate it, at the end, we can inform admins like GerardM here that, those messages don't need to be or can't be translated and they will consider them as translated. Furthermore, sometimes some phrases can not be exactly translated in GUjarati, e.g. see here the Browse History box content, I remember translating it in the begining when I started translating the messages, but because it is phrased in such a way that can't fit in Gujarati, I have to search this message and delete translation. Such things we can address seperately.
Lastly, I would suggest to see some words on our Gujarati that already exists, e.g. Revert or Revert Edits is already translated as પાછું વાળો, by using a new phrase હતી તેવી કરો, similarly હટાવો કે દૂર કરો sounds better and used on Gujarati wiki than ભુંસી નાંખો, it would look like continuity break or lack of synchronisation on the project if at differrent places different words are used. What do you think about these suggestions? Please share your views, I don't want to sound or be dominent and pin pointing everywhere, please pardon me if I have sounded so, it has never been my intention, in I have even till date to keep on changing my own translations, which I have done over a period of time, I just want to make gu.wiki at par with English, if not better than that, and I am sure what it is now, is far far better than google's gujarati translations and even of readgujarati, wordpress, ets. all's.--Dhaval (ધવલ) 11:18, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
- Dear Dhavalbhai,
- Thanks for your message here. I fully agree with you. There should be uniformity and for the sake of that one has to revise the translations. So, in future, please do change my translations as and when needed for uniformity. Please also bring such things to my notice so that I can keep the same in my mind. Never feel sorry for changing my translation. After all, this is the task everyone of us is doing for passion and as you rightly said, our common and most important goal is to enrich gu.wiki to bring a real fame to its existence. By the way, I do not think, I have translated $1 anywhere, I know the placeholder/variables/reserved words need to be the same. However, at some places I might have change the order of $3, $1, etc. so that in Gujarati that message may appear correctly. However, if they lead to some confusion, then it ought to be changed by one of us. So, keep reviewing my translations and do bring issues that stand corrected to my notices.
- Thanks again,
- Thanks Dineshbhai for your understading, but I am always cautious, because sometimes people take it personally and feel, whao the bloody hell this Dhaval is to change my translations, as you said, I can review, same way, I will even say that you should review my translations, and change them whenever you need or feel need of. What you suggested about creating subpage with userpage, I was thinking exactly the same this morning, because I have left some messages untranslated, as there is no certain translation in Gujarati, like for "Feed", "Atom Feed", "Thumbnail", "Cache", etc. and there were a few sentenses or paragraphs with these words, so what I thought even was, to create a page in gu.wiki and give it's link on the mainpage, so that others can suggest translation of these, adn we can cvresumewritingservices.org keep best translation when ever we feel we are ready. There is a page on gu.wiki where I remember I had summarised along with few others, some common words, but it would be best to create the similar page here.
- Regarding $1, It was me who created that confusion, I didn't mean to say you translated it, what I wanted to say is that, if it is not going to be translated, leave the message untranslated, no need to copy-paste the same thing as Gujarati Translation. The sequence change that you have done is perfect, and there can not be any better option than that you have used.
- Lastly, I wanted to share a good news, there are certain messages marked as research papers Most Frequently used messages, there are some 500 of these, we have fully translated these 500 messages, only 10 are left, which don't need to be or as I say, can not be translated, so I have requested for them to be considered as translated, and in that event, we will have achieved 100% goal of translating Most Frequently Used Messages, which is even one of the requirements for Gujarati subdomain of wikisource. Until now, it was only me who was doing this, but now even you have joined hands with me, so we will do it better.--Dhaval (ધવલ) 08:13, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
જાદુઇ શબ્દો Magic Words
Sure Dineshbhai, why not? it is indeed a good idea to start with translating those Magic Words. As we say in Guajarati/Hindi, 'Neki Aur Puchh Puchh?' go ahead sir..--Dhaval (ધવલ) 16:38, 11 May 2009 (UTC)