|How to start|
Hi Rafaelgarcia. Welcome to translatewiki.net!
You can now start translating.
You should also check the portal for your language, the link is in the sidebar. Other useful pages are linked in the menu next to this message.
Your translations are transferred to the standard product every few days or every few weeks, depending on the product. Please notice that it may take longer before you see your translation in the actual product.
We wish you a productive and pleasant stay. Please leave any questions on Support (the link is also available on any page, in the navigation sidebar). Cheers!
Copy from Wikipedia
Hi Rafael. Please check whether the message exists when copying messages from Wikipedia (I guess you are doing that?). Because you created MediaWiki:Getimagelist/la but it has been removed recently (see http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki?view=rev&revision=32137). Greetings, SPQRobin 15:00, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to check....if a given command has previously deleted...I can't figure what's going on from that page....
- All I was doing is updating the translations. Fasciculos onerare is wrong since it means literally "burden the files", whereas the right expression is "Fasciculos imponere" as discussed at at the Vicipaedia Taberna. I also attempted to fix a couple of problematic translations that I came across.
- --Rafaelgarcia 15:28, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
Salve Rafael, MediaWiki:Livepreview-loading/la and MediaWiki:Livepreview-ready/la use "Loading…" not as in "uploading data to a server", but as in "loading a webpage" or "(down)loading data so that it can be displayed in a webpage". I think that imponere is not the best word for this, but I cannot think of a better word. Can you help? Greetings, --UV 22:15, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- "Imponere" could work if the location is understood to be the screen; however, for "loading a webpage" in that sense, we could probably also say "adhibens" -> "summoning" as in "summoning the page". For "downloading" we could also say "depromens" -> "fetching" in the sense of "fetching the page". What do you think? I think "depromens" would be better for both.--Rafaelgarcia 00:17, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
- Me paenitet quod de hoc erravi. "Adiutatum" adbhibere vere mihi decuit. --Rafaelgarcia 23:25, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
Please consider confirming your e-mail address
Dear Rafaelgarcia. Our records show that you have not confirmed your e-mail address. This means that other users cannot contact your by e-mail, and that you will not receive our periodic newsletter once every one or two months. If you mean to be an active contributor on Betawiki, we strongly advise you to confirm your e-mail address. The below steps describe how you can do that.
You can confirm your e-mail address as follows:
- go to your preferences
- fill out a valid e-mail address in the field behind "E-mail"
- save your preferences; an e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address you submitted
- check your e-mail. The e-mail contains a URL you should click to confirm your e-mail address.
Thank you for considering this. Cheers! Betawiki Staff 17:16, 18 July 2008 (UTC)